Email Marketing Lead
** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for an Email Marketing Lead to join our Insurance Marketing team. In this role, you will own the end-to-end delivery of our performance email programme, leading campaign planning, execution and optimisation with a data-driven approach and collaborate with the wider marketing team to deliver growth.
You will have solid experience and strong understanding in email marketing, to develop and refine a data-driven programme that achieve business KPIs. You will bring your skills of collaboration to the table which you will use to create great working relationships across the business from the commercial team right through to content design.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Deliver the online trading plan via our Email marketing programme, becoming the team expert on email and managing the entire programme of new business activity across the Digital team
- Work with the wider Email marketing team – covering our Existing Customer, Remarketing, and technical/Dev teams to deliver one Email programme that spans across the whole Insurance business and maximises value across our database
- Drive creativity throughout all campaigns, work with our design team to create new and/or update existing email marketing communications templates and where required work with our agency partners to build new templates
- Improve conversion rate, work with CRM team on segmentation and content-based strategies that account for customer behaviours and past performance.
- Grow the database, work with acquisition team on how we can capture new customers
- Supporting the other Digital Marketing Leads with the wider Digital media plan
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid working knowledge on email marketing with proven experience of developing, implementing, and analysing email performance a part of an integrated campaign
- Good HTML and CSS skills for responsive email design
- Understanding of data management and CRM best practice within multi-channel marketing
- Good data and analytical skills with an ability to draw conclusions and recommendations
- Understanding of the rules and regulations in data processing and email marketing, including GDPR
- Demonstrable experience in a digital marketing role
- Proven experience of developing multi-channel digital campaigns across digital – focus on email would be helpful
- Experience of working with Adobe campaign would be ideal but is not essential
- Analytical skills using reporting platforms such as Google/Adobe Analytics
- Highly effective communication skills and the ability to couple business goals with customer needs and translate into digital marketing roadmap for future activity
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills to deliver outcomes
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment and delivering positive customer outcomes
- Financial Services background would be an advantage
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.