**Please note this role is based working remotely in Europe on our vessels, for the duration of our touring seasons and you will be abroad for extended periods of time**
Here at Titan Travel, we’re fiercely passionate about providing customers with fantastic holidays and our colleagues with fantastic careers. We are an award winning escorted travel company with an award winning team that is looking for a new member. Could it be you?
Right now we are looking for an Entertainer to help create Perfect Travel Moments on board our River and Cruise vessels for our customers.
You will have an exceptional track record as an entertainer and you’ll be responsible for the entertainment programme for our guests during the evening and activities during quieter periods during the day, if customers chose to stay onboard, as well as supporting both the Tour Manager and Cruise Director as required.
You will be expected to deliver an excellent guest experience, having a passion for people - you will engage with the guests every day, ensuring they arrive as a guest and leave as a friend, as well as a passion for travel and entertaining which you want to share with our guests.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you want to join a winning team and thrive in an environment where we always put the customer first then we want to hear from you.
- Plan and deliver a varied and enjoyable programme of entertainment in advance of each cruise, sharing with the Cruise Director.
- Socialise with guests, ensuring every effort is made to ensure they are having a great holiday and ensuring that the on-board atmosphere is as convivial as possible
- Ensure the notice board is up to date, that it displays accurate entertainment information, as well as ad-hoc entertainment for those who remain on-board
- Using any personal interests, qualifications or knowledge to provide unusual and surprising experiences with the guests
- Work closely with and build an excellent rapport with the on-board musician.
- Work closely as a team with the Cruise Director, Tour Manager, Hotel Manager and crew, assisting all as required.
- To ensure that the good name of Titan Travel, the vessel and the on-board team is promoted to guests, setting the highest possible standards.
- Accompany guests on excursions as required by the Cruise Director
- Report to the Cruise Director and Tour Manager anything regarding the customer experience that does not come up to Titan standards.
- Assist with the selling of Optional Excursions helping Titan Travel maximise sales where possible.
- Participate in shipboard safety drills and other on-board safety procedures
- Assist all other crew members wherever possible.
- Working with the Cruise Director at the start and end of the season (where appropriate) to ensure the vessel is ready to receive customers or closed down appropriately
- Assist Cruise Director with Port Talk and commentary whilst sailing as required, subject to individual expertise.
- Assist with embarkation and disembarkation duties alongside the Cruise Director & Tour Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Work independently, under pressure and own initiative.
- Excellent social skills with the ability to communicate with all.
- Ability to efficiently look after customers and promote an unforgettable experience.
- Proven guest service experience.
- Presenting skills – public speaking experience.
- Fluency or good working knowledge of a second language.
- Proven experience working as an entertainer
- Ability to motivate, inform and entertain customers.
- The passion to ensure each customer experiences their Perfect Moment
- Ability to capture and manage the attention of a large group of people
- Caring nature.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to quickly and easily build rapport with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Confident and outgoing nature.
About the Company
If you want to see what we do all around the world then take a look at the video below:
When you join Titan you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Titan does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Titan is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.