When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We have a great opportunity for an Evening Cleaner to join us here at Saga. This role is an important part of the facilities team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Group function of the business.
You will be maintaining the highest level of cleanliness throughout our buildings ensuring they are kept in pristine condition.
And in return, you can look forward to the all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fastpaced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts and concession for holiday and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- The main emphasis of the role is to ensure that the building is kept in pristine condition, ensuring excellent housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- To assist the Housekeeper/ Supervisor to resolve any daily issues which arise in respect of the cleaning of the building(s)
- To ensure the reporting and speedy resolution of any housekeeping problems which may constitute a health & safety concern
- Ensure office waste is disposed or recycled in a proper fashion on a daily basis
- Ensuring that any health and safety issues are escalated to the Housekeeper or supervisor
- Assisting in setting up for events & presentations, both internal and external
- Ensure the main entrance area is clean, tidy and in pristine condition
- Clean the lifts and mop lift floors on a rotational basis
- Clean ablution facilities daily
- Sweep and mop staircases
- Sweep and mop the canteen floor on a daily basis
- Mop up spillages as required
- Vacuum carpeted areas
- Ensure all surfaces are dusted and wiped clean on a daily basis
- Remove all finger marks from entrance doors/ glass & mirrors
- Assist other cleaning team members in performing daily tasks as instructed by supervisor
- Other general cleaning duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Training covering COSHH (Control of substances Hazardous to Health)
- Manual handling
- Basic health and safety training
- Entry level BICSc training or equivalent ( British Institute Cleaning Professionals Skills Suite)
Education and Qualifications:
- Good secondary education
- Good Communication Skills
- Self Motivated
- Team Worker but also happy to work unsupervised
- Flexible outlook
- Good customer service skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eyetests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.