Event Lead - 9 to 12 months FTC
** Remote/home working allowed **
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary.
…And right now, we are looking for an Event Lead on a 9 to 12 Fixed term contract to cover maternity at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products. You will be creating and delivering an annual calendar of engaging digital events, prize draws, offers and exclusive content from Saga and third parties, for Saga customers to enjoy as part of their benefits, by sourcing new suppliers and building exceptional relationships with them, as well as existing partners, for the purposes of negotiating offers and delivering collaborations and exclusive content.
You will have responsibility for managing the necessary procedures and processes (including systems) that form the infrastructure of the events and prize draw proposition, which may include systems set up, customer correspondence, reporting and analysis of performance.
With this role you will need to attend events (may be out of usual office hours) to ensure delivery standard are met and to review success and customer feedback.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Proactively identify exceptional experiences for Saga customers in the form of digital events, content and prize draws, presenting recommendations & a compelling rationale for executing these ideas.
- Fully owning the delivery and creation process encompassing negotiation to execution of the agreed items.
- Planning and delivering an annual calendar of prize draws to support customer benefits around key categories and quarterly campaigns with the objective to drive maximum benefit and engagement with Saga customers.
- Collaboratively working with the wider commercial team to identify opportunities to expand partnerships across offers and advertising in the Saga Magazine.
- Sourcing new suppliers and building exceptional relationships with them, as well as existing partners, for the purposes of negotiating offers and delivering collaborations and exclusive content.
- To build a partner network to that delivers a nationwide geographical spread of benefits. This may (in future) involve face to face visits across the UK to view venues and build beneficial relationships (when possible), otherwise virtually, also to attend any organised events.
- Budget, contract and invoice management for agreed content and collateral.
- Responsibility for managing the necessary procedures and processes (including systems) that form the infrastructure of the events and prize draw proposition, which may include systems set up, customer correspondence, reporting and analysis of performance.
- To regularly, and proactively, conduct analysis of the competitive landscape and present the findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Supporting the team in hitting its monthly / annual KPI’s and producing the relevant analysis and reports to monitor success as well as ad hoc analysis as required by the business and to be able to confidently present this to key stakeholders.
- To support in the marketing, promotion and communication of the portfolio to internal colleagues.
- Ensure you adhere to the necessary insurance, legal and health & safety obligations where required.
- To be a champion of Saga and to represent, being able to lead partner meetings.
- To work closely with colleagues in Marketing to ensure the maximum and relevant promotion of the portfolio. Attend events (may be out of usual office hours) to ensure delivery standard are met and to review success and customer feedback.
- To confidently manage customer correspondence, external and internal enquiries and investigations relating to events matters.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated experience working to create and deliver physical and digital small group and large scale events.
- Experience in creating and delivering a calendar of content, prizes and gifting.
- Financial management experience; negotiation and contracting to procure services or products, budgeting events, invoicing.
- Experience of account management and relationship building with third party suppliers.
- Adobe and Sitecore experience preferred.
- Fast learner and adaptable
- Creative thinker
- Good communicator (written, spoken, virtual)
- Stays calm and positive under pressure
- Professional and diplomatic
- Customer-service orientated
- A team player
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Enjoys being target-driven and working to strict deadlines
- Enjoys responsibility
- A proactive approach
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.