The Insurance business is the largest part of the Saga Group. It provides tailored products including the recently launched fixed price insurance product.
With a brand new, purpose-built cruise ship launched in July 2019 and another due for delivery in August 2020, and market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group a very exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
Our Insurance Finance team look after our broking, underwriting and claims functions. This is a new FP&A team who have a challenging yet exciting task ahead, as they take on new entities and create new processes and procedures for the different functions.
…And right now, we are looking for an FP&A Lead to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for leading regular BAU reporting and processes and will play a pivotal role in the transformation of the FP&A team.
You will be a qualified accountant in ACA, ACCA or CIMA with strong Excel skills. You will bring previous management reporting and planning experience gained within insurance.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package. You'll also get experience of leading the transformation of our FP&A team whilst being able to work flexibly.
If you are a qualified accountant in ACA, ACCA or CIMA with previous management reporting and planning experience within insurance, then we want to hear from you!
Please note, this role can be a split of office and remote working.
- Lead the month end process, delivering monthly internal management accounts reports for all insurance entities covering P&L, balance sheet and cash reporting, along with insight and commentary appropriate for the intended audience
- Lead the bi-monthly forecasting process for current financial year, with a view to implement longer term forecasting as and when processes / systems allow
- Provide appropriate challenge and support to the Commercial teams in order to deliver forecasts and financial plans which are challenging yet achievable
- Play a key role in managing the planning and budgeting cycle, working closely with the wider Finance teams to ensure the process is as smooth as possible
- Work closely with the Head of Finance – Business Performance Management in leading the transformation of FP&A processes, systems and reporting, both in identifying opportunities for change, scoping out plans in order to deliver, liaising with key stakeholders to obtain requirements and playing a key role in the more technical aspects of delivery
- Play a pivotal role in delivering the changes required in order to complete the transition to the Insurance business model, shorter term by incorporating the remaining entities within regular processes with a longer term view of developing the required infrastructure to provide sufficient rigour and control
- Analyse competitors reporting to provide insight to Finance management and the wider business about approaches our competitors take on elements such as investment strategy, pricing, ancillary sales. and support in benchmarking the business against its competitors
- Mentor and develop other team members, providing strong leadership and motivation within both FP&A and the wider Finance team
- Support the Head of Finance – Business Performance Management in upskilling the remainder of the FP&A team, both in terms of tangible knowledge (i.e. insurance accounting and excel modelling) and softer skills (i.e. continuous improvement and stakeholder management)
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Insurance industry experience is essential, ideally within a management reporting role
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships, with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Able to challenge processes and assumptions, with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to consider the way investors, analysts and other external parties will view the Insurance results and adapt the narrative accordingly
- Exceptional IT skills, particularly within both MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working within a regulated entity would be advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with demonstrable reporting and commercial experience
- Strong individual with excellent leadership qualities and an approachable, engaging enthusiasm
- Extreme attention to detail, with the ability to review (both themselves and peers) and feedback accordingly
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
- Able to prioritise effectively to deliver against multiple internal and external deadlines
- Have a passion for process efficiency, and establishing a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Strong, articulate, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to deliver information concisely, and at the appropriate level for the audience
- Proactive individual who is able to take initiative and direct the team accordingly
- Naturally analytical, with the ability to troubleshoot problems quickly
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Flexible working available
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.