** Remote/home working**
And right now, we are looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Lead to join our Finance team at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships and leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
This role will take responsibility for the FP&A of Saga Holidays, which involves 5 Year Planning, Budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and the monthly management accounts. There will also be a responsibility to maintain and enhance the Saga Holidays Finance MI, which includes Commitment Reporting, and Margin Reporting.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Month End Variance Analysis; Actual performance versus Budget and Forecast (P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow and R&O).
- Production of the quarterly Forecast, as well as the Annual 5YP and Budget (P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash flow).
- Preparation of Weekly Commitment Reporting and Monthly Booking Targets.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts – Accruals/Prepayments for Saga Holidays.
- Weekly analysis of the Incoming Bookings; volumes and margins.
- Supporting and preparing presentations for the Board on travel strategy and new initiatives.
- Providing support for financial, trading and trend reporting both internally and externally.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or close to.
- Previous role(s) within Commercial Finance/FP&A.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Experience of Travel/Tour Operations company preferable but not essential.
- Systems capability – TM1/Dream.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Remote working available where possible
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
- Workplace Pension
- AXA Be Supported
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.