Finance Analyst - FP&A
With market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
…And right now, we are looking for a Finance Analyst - FP&A to join us. Our Insurance Finance team look after our broking, underwriting and claims functions. This is a new FP&A team who have a challenging yet exciting task ahead, as they take on new entities and create new processes and procedures for the different functions. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of all financial reporting, planning and analysis in accordance with both internal and external reporting guidelines and requirements.
You will be a qualified accountant in ACA, ACCA or CIMA and have experience in management reporting and planning within the insurance industry. You will bring strong Excel skills, ideally with modelling experience.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package. This role really will have a major impact on the processes and procedures the team do going forward.
If you are a qualified accountant with insurance industry experience, then we want to hear from you!
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for the Insurance entities including preparation of analysis and commentary in relation to P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, at a level right for the intended audience
- Provide right challenge and support to the commercial teams in order to deliver bi-monthly forecasts and longer-term projections which are challenging yet achievable
- Support the FP&A Lead with the planning and budgeting cycle for all Insurance entities
- Continuous design and improvement of existing financial planning processes to satisfy business requirements and support commercial decision making
- Support system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced management reporting
- Documentation of all FP&A systems and processes to minimise key person dependencies and enable cross-skilling of the team
- Coach and develop other team members, leading by example and providing motivation within both FP&A and the wider Finance team
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in the insurance sector
- Highly focused on presentational skills and visual impact of outputs on stakeholders
- Strong writing skills with the ability to consider the way stakeholders view the Insurance results and adapt the narrative accordingly
- Excellent communicator – clear and concise so that senior leaders from both finance and non-finance areas can understand the issues quickly and make right business decisions
- Excellent time management skills, pro-active style and able to prioritise work effectively
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel with modelling experience beneficial
Education and Qualifications:
Qualified accountant in ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with demonstrable reporting and commercial experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Extreme attention to detail, with the ability to review (both themselves and peers) and feedback accordingly
- Able to quickly show credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
- Have a passion for process efficiency, and setting up a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think creatively
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to find anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Flexible working available
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.