Finance Business Partner (9-12 Month Fixed-Term Contract)
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Services function of the business.
You will ensure that the finance function measures, reviews and advises on all aspects of the Saga Personal Finance Division’s performance. The role will directly be responsible for all business performance management including insightful internal reporting, planning (Budget / Forecast) and commercial value analysis.
Please note, this is a 9-12 month fixed-term contract position.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- To drive the strategic agenda alongside the Managing Director to optimise P&L delivery – top line growth, optimal cost base
- Variance analysis and commentary for presentation to Directors, Senior Management, Group reporting and Board
- Quarterly forecasting and modelling for current financial year, full-year budget and long-term planning
- Provide appropriate feedback and support to the commercial teams in order to deliver forecasts and projections which are tough yet achievable
Internal Management Reporting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for Saga Personal Finance P&L
- Product analytics and commentaries for actuals, forecast, budget and 5-year plan
- Accountable for the Year-end analytical review submission into Group Finance for external reporting
- Preparation of schedules for SPF Board / Exco meetings as required
- Production and review of weekly management information, developing these to ensure accuracy against monthly sales projections
- Responsible for reporting and forecasting of cash position, including insightful commentary and analysis of performance
- Continuous design and improvement of existing financial planning processes to satisfy business requirements and support commercial decision making
- Take charge of the SPF finance integration into the wider planning system (Cognos TM1)
- Drive system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced management reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Highly focused on accuracy with strong presentational skills delivering a visual impact of outputs on stakeholders
- Excellent communicator – clear and concise so that senior management from both finance and non-finance areas can understand the issues quickly and make appropriate business decisions
- Excellent time management skills, pro-active style and able to prioritise work effectively
- Experience in financial services sector would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to delegate effectively and review outputs from Assistant Management Accountant
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Strong problem solver with the ability to advise and think outside the box
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.