Finance Business Partner Insurance
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our insurance business. In this role, you will get exposure to financial analysis, commercial and operational support for our underwriting and claims businesses. The focus of the role is to support the business in its commercial activities, and help to deliver a platform for profitable growth within our underwriting and claims businesses by ensuring they have the tools and insight to make decisions and respond to trends quickly
This role can be made your own, you will be key to driving change and helping our insurance function make decisions, being their first point of contact.
You will be a qualified accountant with insurance industry experience and strong Excel skills. You will bring strong commercial experience gained from a matrix organisation, with the ability to work through change.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are a qualified commercial accountant with insurance industry experience, then we want to hear from you!
- Act as the primary Finance business partner for our underwriting, claims and pricing teams
- Provide commercial support on underwriting and claims strategy and project workstreams
- Provide financial analysis to support business cases & initiatives and recommend actions to improve business value and drive growth
- Creation of trading dashboards to provide insight and drive decision making
- Weekly trend analysis of key trading metrics across all products, flagging areas that require focus to the underwriting management team
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry, with understanding of underwriting business model
- Good Excel skills
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative or work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 65 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.