Finance Business Partner Insurance
** Remote/home working allowed **
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
…And right now, we are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our insurance business. In this role, you will get exposure to financial analysis, commercial and operational support for our underwriting and claims businesses. The focus of the role is to support the business in its commercial activities, and help to deliver a platform for profitable growth within our underwriting and claims businesses by ensuring they have the tools and insight to make decisions and respond to trends quickly
This role can be made your own, you will be key to driving change and helping our insurance function make decisions, being their first point of contact.
You will be a qualified accountant with insurance industry experience and strong Excel skills. You will bring strong commercial experience gained from a matrix organisation, with the ability to work through change.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are a qualified commercial accountant with insurance industry experience, then we want to hear from you!
- Act as the primary Finance business partner for our underwriting, claims and pricing teams
- Provide commercial support on underwriting and claims strategy and project workstreams
- Provide financial analysis to support business cases and initiatives
- Recommend actions to improve business value
- Creation of trading dashboards to provide insight and drive decision making
- Weekly trend analysis of key trading metrics across all products, flagging areas that require focus to the underwriting management team
- Benefit analysis and tracking of commercial initiatives
- Drive and challenge the inputs to forecast, budget and 5 year planning processes, acting as a bridge between the business and the Insurance FP&A team
- Alignment of commercial initiatives with the broking commercial finance team and provision of combined insurance insight, ensuring consistency of data within Insurance
- Representation of Finance at committees within underwriting and claims governance structure
- Preparation of committee, steering group and board papers as required
- Ad hoc support on commercial projects for both underwriting and claims businesses
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry, with understanding of underwriting business model
- Good Excel skills
- TM1 (or similar) experience would be an advantage
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative or work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
Long service awards
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.