Finance Manager (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Travel function of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Finance – Saga Holidays, you will assist with the production and delivery of all internal Management accounts reporting, preparation of the annual budget and 5-year plan and act as a business partner to the Saga Holidays Management team providing timely and accurate financial information.
You will bring strong analytical skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You'll be a qualified finance professional with previous Management Accounts experience. having worked with the Senior Management of a business is also preferable.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Assist with the production and delivery of all internal Management reporting requirements of the Saga Holidays business ensuring all reporting requirements are achieved and completed within the specified deadlines
- Prepare annual budgets and 5-year plans working closely with the Saga Holidays Management team
- Prepare monthly forecast information on all areas of the P&L and review on a regular basis with the business owners
- Prepare monthly booking targets which support the delivery of the full year target
- Assist in the delivery and post implementation of the Darwin project, working as part of a team to ensure the system is delivered to the highest standard
- Carry out Financial Due Diligence in line with business requirements
- Working with the Head of Finance – Saga Holidays on all financial matters as required
- Working with the wider Saga Holidays Management team as required
- Direct, support and motivate direct reports to assist in their personal development
- Adhoc projects and other data analysis
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Formally qualified accountant who can demonstrate strong analytical skills, with a good understanding of Management accounts reporting and budgeting
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels, including Heads of Departments and Directors
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Able to work as a team and capable of delivering to tight deadlines
- Very high level of proficiency in the use of Excel and general ledger systems
- Previous experience of Unit 4 Dream, IBM Cognos Controller and IBM TM1 advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant (either ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with demonstrable PQE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to operate in a fast decision-making and entrepreneurial environment
- A strong team orientation, an assertive style and well developed commercial and finance acumen
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates a professional manner
- Good levels of energy and stamina, and able to cope with a demanding schedule with a flexible approach to satisfying the demands of their role and team
- Understanding the importance of deadlines and the ability to organise tasks to ensure they are achieved
- Very high standard of accuracy is essential
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.