With a hybrid approach requiring occasional days in our Folkestone office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance to undertake this role.
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now we are seeking a Finance Manager FP&A, to join our Enterprise FP&A team to ensure our finance function measures, reviews, and challenges all aspects of business unit performance.
As Finance Manager FP&A you will provide direct support to the Head of Finance - Enterprise FP&A to ensure the delivery of key finance requirements including the overall financial management of the group, business planning and budgeting plus financial and KPI reporting to ensure the group is on track to deliver its strategic goals and financial objectives. This is a business critical role, encompassing all areas of the business, and is key to ensuring that the group aims and strategies are met.
You should be organised and methodical, with an ability to juggle multiple competing priorities. You are confident and, able to challenge when necessary; you are know for your integrity and, ability to communicate efficiently and effectively at all levels.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if you have these specialists' skills, then we would like to hear from you.
- Provide direct support to the Head of Finance - Enterprise FP&A, to ensure all aspects of regular Group financial management are delivered, including monthly, mid-year and annual reporting. This requires regular interaction and stake holder management of senior executives across the group and wider Finance teams
- Responsibility for all reporting associated with the delivery of the Group’s key strategic performance measures including commentary and analysis
- Significant involvement across all aspects of strategic planning responsibilities of finance. This includes the five-year planning cycle, strategy review and goal setting, budgeting and ongoing tracking and reporting
- Lead the consolidation of the five-year plan, annual budget and bi-monthly forecasts which requires regular communication with the business units to ensure the accuracy of financials and KPIs submitted
- Cash monitoring and reporting for the Group, ensuring compliance to covenants/regulations
- Regular stress testing of the group’s plans, budgets and monthly financials
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant who can demonstrate competence in broad financial management in a medium to large size business
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified accountant with at least 3+ years of post-qualified experience
- High proficiency in Excel and general ledger accounting systems
- Organised & methodical
- Personal flexibility
- Strong accounting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to operate in a fast decision making and entrepreneurial environment
- High integrity, capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- The stature and personal attributes to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels including senior stakeholders of finance
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.