Finance Manager - FP&A
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support our underwriting and claims businesses.
As the Finance Manager for FP&A, you are a key member of the finance team and will work closely with the Head of FP&A as well as various stakeholders from across the businesses. The focus of the role is to manage the FP&A team in delivery of business plans, forecasts and provision of insight, KPIs and analytics.
You will be a qualified accountant and have strong FP&A background. You'll bring advanced Excel skills and experience of both financial analysis and presenting financial data.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Support the Head of FP&A in the day-to-day financial management of the business
- Report on the financial performance, providing insight and analytics, and identifying opportunities for financial improvement
- Work with the Head of FP&A to oversee all business planning processes, including budgeting, goal setting, strategic review, and performance summaries
- Identify opportunities to optimise revenue and reduce OPEX
- Track the business's KPIs and their performance
- Manage and develop members of the FP&A team
- Responsibility and oversight for the claims handling divisions headcount modelling, including review and challenge with various stakeholders from across the business
- Prepare committee, steering group and board papers
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in FP&A with track record of strong results
- Strong, demonstrable skill set in financial analysis and presentation of financial data
- Advanced Excel skills
- TM1 skills advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level educated
- ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.