Finance Manager FP&A
The Insurance business is the largest part of the Saga Group. It provides tailored products including the recently launched fixed price insurance product.
…And right now, we are looking for a Finance Manager to support our Service (insurance) Finance FP&A team. This is a great opportunity to have a real impact on the business and be part of a new team, who are building processes from scratch. You'll also work closely with senior stakeholders to set up new reporting.
You will have successfully operated at a similar level within the insurance industry and be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified. You'll bring strong leadership skills and have a passion for systems and change. You'll have strong Excel skills and be good at planning, organising & coordinating.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you then we are looking for then we want to hear from you!
- Lead the month end process, delivering monthly internal management accounts reports for SSL covering P&L, balance sheet and cash reporting, along with appropriate levels of insight and commentary appropriate for the intended audience
- Head up the bi-monthly forecasting process for current financial year, with a view to implement longer term forecasting as and when processes / systems allow
- Play a key role in managing the planning and budgeting cycle, working closely with the wider Finance teams to ensure the process is as smooth as possible
- Work closely with the Head of FP&A in leading the transformation of FP&A processes, systems and reporting, both in identifying opportunities for change, scoping out plans in order to deliver, liaising with key stakeholders to obtain requirements and playing a key role in the more technical aspects of delivery
- Play a pivotal role in delivering the as yet unknown changes required in order to transition to the “Insurance business model” (following announcement of new Insurance CEO)
- Begin documentation of all FP&A systems and processes in order to minimise key man dependencies and enable cross-skilling of the team
- Mentor and develop other team members, providing strong direction and motivation to both direct reports and other members of the wider SPF and SSL teams
- Support the Head of FP&A in upskilling the remainder of the FP&A team, both in terms of tangible knowledge (i.e. insurance accounting and excel modelling) and softer skills (i.e. continuous improvement and stakeholder management)
- Provide adhoc support for the SPF business as required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Insurance industry experience is essential, ideally within a management reporting role
- Line management experience advantageous but coaching and mentoring skills are a must
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships, with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Able to question processes and assumptions, with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Exceptional IT skills, particularly within both MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of working within a regulated entity would be advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Excellent leadership qualities and an approachable, engaging enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to review (both themselves and peers) and feedback accordingly
- Able to prioritise effectively to deliver against multiple internal and external deadlines
- Have a passion for process efficiency, and establishing a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Strong, articulate, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to deliver information concisely, and at the appropriate level for the audience
- Proactive person who is able to take initiative and direct the team accordingly
- Naturally analytical, with the ability to trouble shoot problems quickly
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.