** Remote/home working allowed **
Titan Travel leads the way in providing escorted tours across the world. From the Norwegian fjord's to the Great Barrier Reef and everywhere in between, we create perfect travel moments for our customers time and time again!
…And right now, we are looking for a Finance Manager to join us. Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for overseeing all financial reporting & control and treasury activities for the Company. Managing a team of two, you will be responsible for all internal and external reporting requirements of Titan, be a point of contact with external auditors throughout the year, input into the management of the financial control environment and assist with FP&A responsibilities where necessary.
You will be a qualified professional, ideally with experience in the Travel/ Tour operations sector and be looking to expand your knowledge of the industry. You will bring excellent communication skills as you work with colleagues from across the business of all levels to compile the information needed for the success of your role. You will also play a pivotal role in year-end and interim audits, so must be able to clearly explain accounting concepts and calculations to the external auditors.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are a qualified Finance Manager looking to take the next step in your career then we want to hear from you!
Responsible for the management/ preparation of:
- All financial reporting for the business, including monthly board pack/ management accounts, statutory accounts, overheads and shareholder reporting
- Hedging and FX
- External reporting compliance, including banking covenants, CAA and ABTA
- All tax compliance (CT, VAT/ TOMS)
- Audit management
- Operational banking management
- Overheads cost control
- Maintaining an effective control environment supported by processes and systems to safeguard the company’s assets and reduce risk
- Development of systems to improve the production efficiency of those accounts
- Provide support to the other areas of finance as required, but particularly during busy times
- Continual analysis and improvement of finance processes
- Ad-hoc projects and other data analysis as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant with reasonable experience and exposure post qualification
- Up to date technical knowledge of IFRS is essential
- Proven experience working as a Finance Manager or in a similar role, with significant demonstrable accounting/ finance experience
- Demonstrable experience of successful team management
- Experience working in a travel/ tour operation setting is preferable but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels, including Finance Directors and senior Finance personnel
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Titan include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Titan holidays and partner Company products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies