Finance Officer (Days)
Be a part of a team that exists to inspire and enable exceptional experiences
An exciting opportunity to join our team as Finance Officer. You will be responsible for ensuring financial integrity is maintained onboard, the management of cash and credit card transactions for both crew and guests as well as managing floats for areas of the vessel that carry cash floats and maintains Cash Safes onboard.
If you have previous experience within a financial role onboard a Cruise Ship or hotel, a good understanding of stock take procedures, stores control, conducting audits and cash handling and you are willing to execute operational imperatives in a swift and demanding environment onboard our luxury boutique cruise Ships, then we want to hear from you!
- Ensures accuracy of accounts on MXP and having overall system responsibility
- Maintains ships cash account and cash supplies and has regular communication with Finance ashore
- Responsible for cash security in line with company policy
- Ensures that all accounts are reconciled at the end of each cruise
- Control of all transactions posted to guest accounts and to the MXP Cash book system and that all accounting procedures are adhered to throughout the Hotel Department
- Applies all guest credits, discounts, routing and charges, with Finance Officer (Nights)
- Pay expenses, local purchases and photo commission as required
- Provides support to Crew Purser when required for all payroll matters
- Responsible for completing all required reports and paperwork including end of cruise reports
- Maintains accounts for Crew Emergency funds, Crew and Officer Welfare funds
- Assists Guests in calls to their bank about lost or invalid payment cards
- Responsible for maintaining records of all financial matters for audit purposes
- Maintains/Releases cash for foreign exchange float and cash payment float for Reception and Crew Office
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within a financial role onboard a Cruise Ship or hotel ashore
- Excellent organization skills and able to execute operational imperatives in a swift and demanding environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Good understanding of stock take procedures, stores control, conducting audits and cash handling
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Good command of the English Language
This is a fixed term contract onboard our cruise ships and comes with an excellent benefits package.
About the Company
At Saga we see the world through our customers eyes to allow us to exceed their expectations. Over the past 18 months, we have been focused on creating a British boutique cruising experience for our guests that is not available elsewhere on the market. The arrival of Spirit of Discovery last year was the first milestone in this plan and the ship has been extremely well received by our guests. We have now taken delivery of the newest addition to our fleet, Spirit of Adventure, with her striking design, distinctive new venues, and innovative speciality restaurants, she will certainly have a unique personality. She will complement Spirit of Discovery, and fulfil our promise of boutique luxury, perfectly.
You will be welcomed into a loyal and caring group of professionals who see our passengers and other crew members as real people with feelings and needs. Guests are known by their name and are not just a number. We pride ourselves as working as one team between those working onboard and onshore to create the best possible product for our guests.
Below you will see some videos of our new ships:
Below you will also see links to our website that will allow you to virtually step onboard our ships: