Finance Systems Developer
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the insurance function of the business.
An great opportunity has arisen for a Finance Systems Developer to join the Business MI unit in SSL Finance. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to learn all aspects of the SSL business whilst over-seeing a critical function during a period of transformation and growth. You will bring a strong systems background including competence with SQL and VBA. Ideally, you'll have experience of TM1 including hands on knowledge of TM1 administration, Tis, Rules and MDX queries
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Working with the business and finance teams to understand requirements and propose suitable TM1 design specification
- Implementing designed TM1 solutions, including completing comprehensive testing, and adequate training & documentation of solution
- Assist in version upgrades and roll outs of the Finance systems, including TM1
- Managing implementation of change / new systems from end to end, including full design approval stage, development, testing and PIR process
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, seeking opportunities to contribute original ideas to the benefit of the team and organisation
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Advance user of SQL and VBA
- Ideally have experience of TM1 including hands on knowledge of TM1 administration, Tis, Rules and MDX queries
- Experience in translation business requirements into technical system solutions
- Proactive in identifying solutions and making recommendations for change
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities
- Comfortable working with large data sets
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education
- Willingness to work towards professional qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Should be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) capable of getting their points across to both technical and business representatives at all levels of the organisation
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to detect and resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly analytical
- Strives for continuous improvement in both process and technologies
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.