Fleet HR Logistics & Training Coordinator
At Saga plc, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our ethos and careers that are full of possibilities.
As Fleet HR Logistics & Training Coordinator, be responsible for arranging all logistics for our Officers and Crew along with checking all certification and training requirements. This role is an integral part of the Fleet HR team ensuring that the best service is provided to all Officers, Crew and Suppliers.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Liaising with the ship’s Fleet HR Officer & Crew Purser to determine leavers and joiners to the ship based upon crew completing their normal rostered duty periods;
- To assist in the recruitment of all crew, including liaising with recruitment agencies where required;
- Liaising with agencies and third party suppliers to ensure arrangements of flights for all leavers and joiners and checks to ensure appropriate training and certification are in place.
- Responsibility for the arrangement of ground transportation needs from the airport to the ship and back and hotel accommodation as necessary;
- Overseeing and updating schedules and movements within the fleet in conjunction with the Fleet HR Officer;
- Reconciliation and checking of invoices regarding crew travel or crewing functions, with reference to the Senior HR Manager for approval;
- Responsibility for all requests to Saffron Maritime for contracting of on board crew, applying pre-determined pay scales;
- Maintain records for on-board staff, including ENG1 medical certificates, qualifications, performance records and appraisals;
- Monitor employee certification to ensure that refresher training is arranged as and when necessary;
- Assisting in the arrangement of safety/professional certification training when needed including all logistics to and from training centres;
- To assist in the development and execution of all crew rosters and movement between ships;
- Responsibility for all administration regarding all crew and on-board staff;
- Bi-annual reviews of Travel partners to ensure cost efficient practices are in place and where necessary conduct tendering;
- Regular review of training providers to ensure most cost effective training is provided;
- Provide general support and HR administration for the Fleet HR Officer and Senior HR Manager as required;
- Takes part in the Duty Officer Rota ensuring a 24/7 service is provided;
- Any other duties including project work as and when requested by the Snr. HR Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A knowledge of the cruising industry would be ideal, but not essential.
- An understanding of best practice HR and associated HR policies and procedures.
- Experience of booking all travel for large groups of people.
- Experience in rostering and workforce planning is preferred.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Good communicator.
- IT literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures.
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary level education.
- Customer focused and driven to deliver.
- Confident, Loyal & discrete.
- A natural ability to engage with people and build professional relationships.
- A naturally resilient character who is pragmatic.
- Highly organised, with an exceptional eye for detail.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.