Fleet HR Rotation Assistant - FTC
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Fleet HR team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Cruise function of the business.
As Fleet HR Rotation Assistant, you’ll provide a comprehensive and professional administrative service to our HR team, working closely with our manning agents and head office teams.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Please note, this is a fixed term contract until October 2019.
- Planning and forecasting crew movements
- Liaising with the ship’s Crew Purser to determine leavers and joiners to the ship based upon crew completing their normal rostered duty periods
- To assist in the recruitment of all crew, including liaising with recruitment agencies where required
- Liaising with agencies and third party suppliers to ensure leavers from the crew are replaced and recruitment is completed in good time
- Responsibility for all crew travel arrangements via our brokers, third-party suppliers or our in-house teams, including the arrangement of ground transportation needs from the airport to the ship and back and hotel accommodation as necessary
- Overseeing and updating schedules and movements within the fleet in conjunction with the Fleet HR Officer
- Reconciliation of invoices regarding crew travel or crewing functions, with reference to the Senior HR Manager for approval
- Responsibility for all requests to Saffron Maritime for contracting of on-board crew, applying pre-determined pay scales
- Maintain records for on-board staff, including ENG1 medical certificates, qualifications, performance records and appraisals
- Arrange safety certification training when needed
- To assist in the development and execution of all crew rosters and movement between ships
- Responsibility for all administration regarding all crew and on-board staff;
- Liaison with sales based employees resolving customer queries, special requests and ship visits as required
- Assist with the compilations of the visitor security list
- Provide general support and HR administration for the Fleet HR Officer and Senior HR Manager as required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A knowledge of the cruising industry would be ideal, but not essential
- An understanding of best practice HR and associated HR policies and procedures
- A good understanding of recruitment processes and procedures
- Experience in rostering and workforce planning is preferred
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good communicator
- IT literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office applications
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary level education
- CIPD Level 3 / Level 5 qualification is preferred but not essential
- Customer focused and driven to deliver
- Confident, Loyal & discrete
- A natural ability to engage with people and build professional relationships
- A naturally resilient character who is pragmatic
- Highly organised, with an exceptional eye for detail
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year pro rata
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.