HR Data Analyst
** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a HR (Human Resource) Data Analyst to join us. You will play a key role within the People team, providing insights and analytical commentary on HR analytics, aiding the business with its decision making. This will include the production and dissemination of all people reporting requested either internally or for external agencies to meet company and statutory reporting obligations along with supporting on the People Systems to ensure accuracy of our people data.
You will have previous experience being hands on and working with HR data, providing insights to help embed data and analytics into our decision making. You will bring strong analytical, problem solving and software skills.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds of interest to you, then apply now!
- To help in the logical design of people systems and workflows to maximise data extraction and reporting in a consistent and accurate manner across the group, while minimising effort and duplications of data capture
- Production, analysis, and dissemination of monthly people analytics for the business highlighting areas of concerns, adverse trends or issues that may affect the People function or the business
- To produce, analyse and provide commentary on data reports for the business
- To accurately complete as and when required all governmental stats that are required by the people team or business in a timely manner
- To support the people team to ad Hoc data requests in a timely manner, ensuring that the work produced meets the requirements of business by fully understanding their needs
- To report any inconsistencies in data and communicate any changes in metrics/reporting that would require amendments to the people system
- Manage a schedule of standard reporting and audits, ensuring that information held within our platforms is always correct
- Providing support in the annual review of security permissions for the People systems to ensure that they are appropriate and will be as required for audit
- Working with external providers to troubleshoot functionality issues in the People systems where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working within a HR function would be an advantage
- Experience with HR analytics and providing insight and commentary on the data
- Excellent system skills including advanced use of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of statistical analysis & appropriate presentation of that analysis
- Knowledge of Data Visualization / BI (Business Information) tools would be an advantage
- Knowledge of HR Information Systems
- Demonstrate ability to work to strict deadlines and tight timelines
- Demonstrate ability to deal with several conflicting priorities simultaneously and to prioritise accordingly
- Demonstrate discretion and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential material in an appropriate manner
- Attention to detail / able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal / concise
- Good interpersonal skills & ability to interact at all levels with composure
- Critical thinking / excellent organisational and time management skills
- Resilient to challenge and to fast paced environment
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity..
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.