Working as a key member of the HR team you will be expected to provide a proactive service to help deliver the people and business strategies to the Titan and Transport businesses based in Redhill. As HR Officer you will be the first point of contact for all employees within your remit, specifically working with managers, including members
of the Exco team, to provide employee relations advice and guidance whilst challenging decisions to support the future growth of the organisation through our people.
You’ll need to be highly customer focussed as the role is integral to supporting and delivering The Titan / Transport Way by putting the best interests of our people at the heart of all you do and realising that nothing is too much trouble for both our internal and external customers.
- Act as a trusted advisor with the proactive management of all employee relations cases. Ensuring that each department is taking a consistent approach to managing employee relations issues and that these meet the requirements of the Company’s policies, best practice and employment legislation.
- Work with the HR team to lead the engagement programme across the business including employee survey, sports and social club, succession planning, personal progression etc and help to embed the Titan / Transport Way culture
- Monitor and report monthly on key HR trends throughout the organisation
- Contribute to the development of, and manage the delivery of specific HR projects, policies and processes in accordance with business specifications and aligning these to our Saga Group strategy
- Manage the full recruitment life cycle. Ensuring activity falls in line with current legislation, best practice and provides a positive journey for all candidates.
- Implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organisation, and ensure that the staff handbook is comprehensive and up-to-date
The Ideal Candidate
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CIPD qualified (or studying towards) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of HR processes and employment law
- A proactive self-starter with a proven record of delivering results which add value and fit with the culture of the organisation – success through positive behaviour
- Ability to maintain a commercial focus and think business, customer and brand
- A confident communicator and influencer who is able to build relationships and deliver a high standard HR service across the business
- Demonstrable competence in working within an HR role
- Ability to conduct specific investigations and analysis work
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines dealing with several tasks at once
- Able to use judgement, discretion and tact in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to understand and communicate reporting
- The ability to arbitrate and resolve difficult situations
The standard benefits when you join Titan, part of the Saga Group include:
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga Group holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
We began in 1978 with a desire to create extraordinary travel experiences. For 40 years, we’ve been going (quite literally) the extra mile to take like-minded travellers to inspirational parts of the world. Along the way, we’ve learned that by creating escorted holidays, we’re helping to create unforgettable memories - albums of ‘perfect moments’ that our guests share with each other and with us.
On our holidays, you can do everything from marvelling at mountains and fiords in New Zealand and seeking out the Big Five in Tanzania, to sailing the scenic waters of the Rhine. But what makes them special is the fact that these experiences are shared.
Our customers often comment that it’s the ‘Titan people’ who elevate their travel experience far beyond their expectations. It’s something we’re incredibly proud of – everyone here at Titan has a passion and dedication for delivering exceptional holidays, from our tour managers to our VIP drivers who take you to and from the airport. But it’s not just the people you see. We also have fantastic behind-the-scenes teams who craft our itineraries, plus expert travel advisors who know our holidays inside out.