Head of Commercial
Reporting to the Managing Director, this new senior role is accountable for delivering the commercial strategy, goals and profitability of all Titan tours and cruises, and ensuring that our reservation systems are set up accurately and on time. Heavily involved with the day to day operation, this role covers all aspects of pricing strategy, capacity planning, product performance, target setting, forecasting, tracking and market intelligence.
As part of the Titan Executive Committee (Exco), additional business responsibilities will also be required. This is a key leadership and decision-making role within Titan’s senior management team.
- For delivering Titan’s passenger, revenue, margin and PBT targets.
Management of committed stock and load factor optimisation:
- Provide strategic thinking and planning to manage the booking performance of all touring and cruise product, ensuring the business has full visibility on tracking against targets
- Deliver optimised results for every departure, ensuring we meet required margin targets by tour, series and destination
- Take necessary actions to achieve agreed load factors; engage with and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deliver this
- Undertake regular forecasts for pax, revenue and margin, updating the Titan Exco and working with the Finance teams to submit monthly submissions
- Responsibility for setting and delivering the right pricing strategy to deliver customer value, market competitiveness and budgeted margins
- Manage the lifetime price journey for every departure, ensuring these are yield managed to optimise passenger growth and profit
- Apply rigour and challenge to the commercial performance of every tour and cruise
- In collaboration with the Product teams, ensure the product range is fully optimised by destination and type, retaining Titan’s strong position with customer choice whilst driving profitability
- Work closely with the Marketing teams in making the right product selections at the right time, tobe used across all channels and marketing activity
- Take a lead role in product development meetings, ensuring new tour plans comply with minimum commercial targets
- Deliver monthly Management Information that provides commentary and analysis on the performance of all product areas including forecasted passenger numbers, revenue, gross margins and that highlights potential issues and corrective action to be taken.
- In cooperation with the Product teams, ensure the optimised amount of capacity is contracted
- Set product launch capacities as such to meet the customer needs for choice and option, and business needs with guaranteeing to operate every departure in a commercially viable way
- Provide the business with timely and relevant market intelligence; be fully involved and interested in the wider segment in terms of trends and competitor analysis
- Be an expert on our competitors – regularly review market intelligence in order to understand Titan’s positioning in the market and develop tactics and strategies to maximise revenues accordingly. Accountable for accuracy of market insight as strategic plans are often based around the information
- Lead the Production Manager and team, ensuring high levels of accuracy with products and costs loaded onto the reservation system
- Set and meet clear KPIs for the setup process
- Work with the Product and Air Product teams collaboratively to ensure tour briefs are delivered into the team accurately and on time
Line management responsibilities:
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the Commercial team with line management responsibilities for 4 Revenue Managers, 1 Commercial Analyst and 1 Production Manager
Health & Safety:
- In cooperation with Saga, ensure that Titan adheres to Group guidelines governing Health & Safety
- Play a lead role in operational decision-making process that properly balances customer satisfaction with commercial impact, including all crisis management.
- Manage and maintain all Risk in line with Group Risk process.
- Ensure unrivalled levels of customer service and quality are delivered to our customers and to internal customers
- Manage, motivate, support and develop direct reports to achieve success.
- As part of the Senior Management team at Titan, demonstrate leadership throughout the business and lead by example
- Strive for efficiency and consistency in work practices throughout the planning area
- Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the financial goals of the business.
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of housekeeping and attention to health and safety issue so as to create a healthy and safe working environment.
- Willingly carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Company in line with the company Employee Handbook
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
Education and Qualifications:
- Desire to lead from the front; make change happen and able to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation
- Confidence to work at a senior level and to challenge the status quo to ensure the right plans are put in place to ensure the future success of the business
- Resilient and relentless in driving for performance and thrives on challenge
- Brave, courageous and able to challenge
- Highly motivated with an outstanding delivery record
- Exemplary communicator, with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- Highly organised with an exceptional ability to prioritise complex and conflicting demands in a professional business environment
- Skills of diplomacy, persuasion and negotiation
- Problem-solving ability and commercially astute
- Focussed on personal and professional development and core competency growth
The standard benefits when you join Titan, part of the Saga Group include:
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga Group holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Titan you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga & Titan does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.