Head of Digital - Member Experience
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important leadership role within the Marketing team.
You will be working with the Membership and Publishing Director, and be responsible for the strategy, development and performance of the Group digital offering as well as the digital membership and publishing offering. Products include the Saga Group Homepage, MySaga, Possibilities, the Publishing website, and the membership ‘app’, as well as the social media offering.
You will bring exceptional digital leadership experience, ideally in a membership, publishing or retail environment including digital strategy, SEO, UX, UI, web and apps.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Development of the overall digital strategy (Group home page, MySaga and membership offering) to align with business and membership objectives
- Growth of traffic to digital platforms
- Working with the broader business (digital teams, Membership and Publishing), drive the conversion of traffic to product holding customers through conversion, retention and cross-sell
- Working with the Editorial and Content teams, ensure consistency of message across the digital and print platforms
- Establishment of the social media strategy and team
- Creation and management of Possibilities forum(s)
- Champion cross-functional teams to optimise traffic from digital channels like search, email, affiliate and social media
- Research into emerging digital channels and development of strategies for these
- Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant demonstrable digital leadership experience ideally in a membership, publishing or retail environment including digital strategy, SEO, UX, UI, web and app
- Experience of creating, articulating and delivering digital strategy
- Strong people and performance management skills with proven track record
- Demonstrate complete understanding of business plans and goals and proven ability to make serious contribution to the business future
- Excellent understanding of the over-50s market
- Competent in playing a leading role within the company
- Must be an expert with digital product strategies
- Good knowledge of agile working practices
Education and Qualifications:
- Excellent standard of secondary education
- Degree calibre
- Strong team-builder and team-leader, with proven management skills and ability to lead from the front
- The ability to interact with internal and external peers at all levels;
- The ability to manage budgets, control costs and deliver strong ROI
- Dedicated to delivering the Saga vision
- Practices excellent stakeholder management
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.