Head of | Director of Data & Insight |12 Month Fixed Term
Saga is a trusted brand that achieves over 87% recognition from the UK’s over 50s. Our membership programme ‘Possibilities’ has over 1 million members and is growing daily. As we enter an exciting period in our history we are looking to engage with a true ‘Data Champion’ who recognises the importance of collecting and using data to drive our insurance business to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every day.
This is a brand-new, leadership role for Saga which will require someone with a proven history of successfully shaping data strategy within a forward thinking organisation. This is your opportunity to use your expertise to truly change, inform and direct the understanding of data within a heritage brand organisation.
We are looking for a leading data specialist who understands data structures, understands and takes ownership of data compliance requirements for insurance and is able to inspire all departments to embed data and analytics in their thinking.
If you can lead us to maximise the value from our data assets to reduce risk, improve efficiency, ensure compliance and identify and develop new business opportunities then we can reward you with a fantastic opportunity, excellent benefits and a team of committed colleagues all working towards a purposeful goal.
The role holder will take the reins in forming, documenting, embedding and owning the insurance data strategy. They will work closely with the key internal stakeholders to ensure that the strategy is aligned with organisational and market objectives. They will also take responsibility for demonstrating the value of data as a critical asset to the insurance division as well as sharing knowledge and insight across the entire group.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collate data and analytics requirements from all departments; promote opportunities to exploit data across the business
- Specify requirements for data capture, data storage, descriptive analytics packages and predictive modelling tools. Drive the implementation of such tools. Identify systems architecture gaps that are impacting on data capabilities and identify with urgency any required changes
- Identify skills gaps within the organisation; design teams and processes to full these gaps
- Develop training programmes which build and maintain appropriate levels of data literacy across the business
- Keep abreast of best practice in the world of data and analytics; deliver a programme of continuous improvement to ensure Saga maximises data opportunities in insurance
- Governance; ensure Saga insurance complies with all relevant legislation as regards data usage
- Data ethics; develop data usage principles for Saga insurance which balance ethical and commercial considerations, ensure all departments operate within these principles
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with senior stakeholders. Your interpersonal skills will enable you to influence others and you will be driven to deliver at pace without losing sight of detail.
- Senior and experienced data professional with the right blend of hands on data experience, an eye for innovation and ideally with experience within the insurance industry
- Understanding and experience of data strategy and architecture
- Track record of managing data project delivery and project teams including proven ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce project deliverables
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and projects which achieve the desired outcome and goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a sharp, rigorous and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate compelling arguments and complex concepts to data-minded and non-data-minded colleagues alike
- Inspiring leader who can garner support for new ideas and motivate colleagues from a broad spread of backgrounds to embrace data-backed thinking
- Experience of working within the GDPR framework and understanding of its application in insurance
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.