Head of ESG
An exciting opportunity to shape, design and influence Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) at Saga.
You’ll be a thought leader, with the ability to impact and drive change through exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills.
This is a rare chance to be creative, strategic and analytical in this hands on role that has a substantial impact on the success of the business and future of Saga.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career with Saga.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Acting as a thought leader in ESG, co-ordinating with key internal functions such as insight and brand to ensure ESG aligns with Saga’s purpose and strategy.
- Being Saga’s ESG expert understanding evolving standards and frameworks as regulatory requirements are updated.
- Developing and leading a multi-pronged strategy for Environmental, Social and Governance.
- Working with Business Units and functions to drive delivery of ESG initiatives and strategies.
- Establishing ESG objectives and milestones to achieve both short and long-term goals within Business Units and functions.
- Supporting communication to all stakeholder groups on Saga’s ESG performance and progress.
- Developing both internal and external ESG reporting working collaboratively across Business Units and functions to drive successful progress and outcomes. Establish the link between sustainability and financial performance.
- As required, creating policies and guidelines relating to ESG.
- Managing relationships with key ratings agencies and bodies.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
The Ideal Candidate
- Commercial, creative and pragmatic thinking on improving ESG practices.
- Creative thinker with a strong interest in executing new strategies that will deliver increased value to all stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills with experience working at executive and board levels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop metrics and interpret data.
- ESG knowledge and understanding (desirable).
- Familiarity with frameworks such as TCFD, sustainable development goals and science based targets and ratings agencies such as MSCI and FTSE4Good.
- Worked cross-functionally in a matrix environment.
- Change management experience.
- Ability to switch between diving into detail while overseeing the big picture and overarching ESG path of direction.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Remote working available where possible.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year.
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service.
- Workplace Pension.
- AXA Be Supported.
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies.
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.