Head of Finance - AP & AR (12 Month FTC)
As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance products, and creating thousands of unforgettable memories for our loyal holidaymakers who are at the heart of the Saga brand.
This role is an important leadership role within our Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the business.
Our Finance team is going through an exciting period of change and this role will be central to that programme by leading the automation and process refinement of our AP & AR teams.
You'll bring experience of operating at a Head of Finance level and managing operational finance teams. You'll also have experience managing projects, leading change and getting on top of issues quickly.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Please note, this role is for a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Operating as the Head of Finance for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable (AP & AR) teams
- Day-to-day line management responsibility of three Supervisors for the AR & AP teams
- Driving change in AP & AR through process redesign, automation and implementation of new IT systems
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience of operating at a Head of Finance level
- Strong leaderships skills, with experience of managing operational staff
- Demonstrable experience of driving change, particularly through automation
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
Qualification and education:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified with demonstrable PQE
- Highly organised
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills. Able to quickly establish credibility by winning the respect and co-operation of both finance and non-finance staff
- Strong communicator
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.