Head of Finance - FP&A
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Group function of the business.
As the Manager of Finance Planning & Analysis, you are a key member of the finance team and will work closely with Director of IR and Corporate Finance as well as the entire business leadership team to support and optimise the planning and execution of all business initiatives.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Support the Director of IR and Corporate Finance in the day-to-day financial management of the business and act as proxy as needed to effectively communicate key priorities and drive execution
- Oversee the financial performance of the Group and advise leadership of the impact of business decisions and opportunities for financial improvement
- Work with the Director of IR and Corporate Finance to define and oversee all business planning processes, including budgeting, goal setting, strategic review, and performance summaries
- Continually assess key business processes and ensure they are properly documented and understood by all stakeholders
- Ensure all process changes are properly communicated and are implemented in the businesses
- Collaborate with across the finance teams to prepare budgets and manage ongoing forecasts
- Identify opportunities to optimise revenue and reduce OPEX
- Determine and track the business's KPIs and track their performance
- Lead special projects in the region as needed
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in FP&A with track record of strong results in finance, business development, strategy, and/or management consulting
- Strong skill set in business operations modelling and analysis including financial statements, expense management, ROI, etc.
- Exceptional Excel and TM1 (or equivalent) skills essential
- Ability to apply Project Management tools to initiate, manage and monitor the development, implementation and execution of the strategy
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level educated, preferably in Economics or other financial area
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with 5 years' post qual experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.