***Remote/home working with occasional visits each month to our Folkestone or London office***
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are looking for a new Head of Operational Resilience to design, develop and embed an Operational Resilience (OR) function within Saga Services. You will be at the forefront of leading OR change within the organisation.
You’ll be experienced in the delivery and management of business-critical processes and be a highly motivated, independent problem solver. You would have previously led on multiple projects, managed a high volume of tasks, and prioritised them with efficient ease and speed.
You’ll also have an excellent knowledge of general insurance products and possess a clear understanding of the financial regulatory environment.
Additionally, you will ensure that senior management are fully aware of their responsibilities regarding OR and are provided with the relevant training, exercises, guidance, and management information to help facilitate their decision making.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Developing and embedding the Operational Resilience Framework across Saga Services including upgrading and maintaining existing capabilities for areas such as business continuity, incident response, technology resilience and oversight of third-party service provider resilience.
- Ensuring that senior management are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities regarding operational resilience and are provided with the relevant guidance, data, and management information to help facilitate decision making. Ensure operational resilience is completely embedded top down.
- Ensuring that Important Business Services (IBS) delivered within the business are identified, mapped, assessed for resilience identifying gaps and defining remediation measures to improve resilience. Define tolerance statements for each IBS, stress test the ability to remain within those tolerances identifying any necessary improvements required.
- Establishing highly effective and collaborative relationships with business partners and the Head of Operational Resilience Risk when designing, embedding, and leading the function. Ensure business requirements are met but our approach is aligned to other business units within Saga and the regulators expectations.
- Working with the business SMEs to ensure all inter-group external suppliers and vendors are effectively and robustly managed to guarantee the support of the business units’ activities.
- Ensuring the appropriate: committees are in place to govern the function; the relevant training programmes and exercises are planned to ensure awareness and the relevant MI exists to demonstrate effective management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, lead multiple projects, prioritise, and manage a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions whilst driving exceptional customer outcomes.
- Excellent knowledge across general insurance products
- Management and delivery of high-quality reports and proposal documents.
- Knowledge across the following resilience disciplines: Business continuity, Incident and Crisis management, Technology Resilience, and supplier/vendor management
- Sound knowledge of the financial regulatory environment
- Keeps sensitive business or department information secure and confidential, without exception.
- Driven and determined to develop within the role through increasing technical knowledge and building effective relationships within the business.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.