Head of Pricing Delivery
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
We are looking for a Head of Pricing Delivery to work in our Saga Services business based in Folkestone, Kent.
In any insurance business, strength in pricing is a key determinant of success and in the data and technology enabled markets of today, pricing accuracy and agility are musts. By association, data capture, its timely interpretation and execution of requisite actions are vital.
You will be developing and maintaining best-in-class systems and processes that allow Saga Services to find competitive advantage in pricing. You will provide strategic direction in the selection of pricing tools and their integration into the business as well as trouble-shooting and incident resolution for live processes. You will be the guardian of the data assets used in pricing, seeking continuous improvements in their depth, ensuring their accuracy, availability and ease-of-use.
You will also oversee the accurate and timely deploy of price changes for Saga Services and provide assurances of the fidelity of our rating structures, manage the Risk Register for the Pricing department and work closely with IT and other business colleagues, being an ambassador for pricing in strategic change programmes and an expert in pricing systems.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Take ownership of our core data assets from a pricing perspective, working with the team and key stakeholders (including IT & Pricing) to ensure these are highly accurate, optimised for performance and evolving to meet business needs
- Ensure compliance with data retention and usage policy within the Pricing department
- Development of our business insight capability, ensuring the business has relevant and reliable information with respect to pricing
- Leverage automation tools to streamline pricing processes and reduce the risk of error
- Proactively seek opportunities to reduce frictional costs in pricing and data analysis processes
- Evaluate a range of solutions to pricing challenges; use knowledge of Saga Services objectives to make business cases for investments and change
- Manage end to end delivery of selected pricing projects (typically those which cross multiple products)
- Lead the implementation of strategic Saga Services developments with respect to pricing; initiate and implement pricing delivery improvements
- Define and ensure adherence to price change governance processes; oversee the timely and accurate deploy of agreed price changes
- Provide assurance that pricing processes meet compliance requirements and internal rules
- Manage the Risk Register on behalf of the Pricing Department
- Build capabilities of team members; create and maintain good working relationships with business project sponsors and project teams
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of the drivers of commercial success in a Personal Lines insurance business; in-depth knowledge of the critical aspects of successful pricing systems
- Expertise in all aspects of pricing systems and their integration into the wider business
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of information in order to solve problems and recommend courses of action
- Experience managing and resolving incidents; playing a leading or supporting role as appropriate
- Experience confidently making decisions in both ‘BAU’ and ‘incident management’ modes
- Capability to present information and compelling, persuasive arguments to senior managers and business stakeholders
- Experience of project management frameworks including waterfall and Agile approaches
- Experience leading small teams and prioritising workloads to meet agreed objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deal with overlapping deadlines
- Experience in working within cross-functional teams
- Understanding of the application of a range of insurance administration and data management systems (eg Radar Live, Guidewire, SQL, Tableau etc)
- Understanding of the application of automation tools and scripting languages (eg R, Python or other)
Education and Qualifications
- Hold a technical or numerical degree and/or demonstrable numerical reasoning skills
- Expertise in at least one project management methodology (desirable)
- Have a commercially focussed way of working
- Natural problem solver and decision maker, who communicates effectively to all partners
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Inspiring leader and mentor
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload
- Inquisitive mind and interest in “what makes things tick”
- Willingness to take initiative
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.