Head of Technology
**Working from home with the requirement of occasional working from our offices in Redhill**
Titan is an award-winning escorted tour operator with holiday collections covering all seven continents. 2021 is the year of the holiday and we’re excited to get travelling again.
And right now, we are looking for a Head of Technology to join us. In this role, you will be pivotal in driving the strategic development of the IT Systems and Infrastructure within Titan and managing critical partner performance and relationships to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of IT operations. Titan consider IT as a strategic pillar which will drive long term growth and profitability through the clever combination and continual evolution of both existing and pioneering technology which you will pioneer.
If you are a technology specialist who can identify and deliver solutions, then we want to hear from you!
- Work with the COO and other Directors to develop and deliver the overall IT strategy for the business, in line with the business strategy
- Work with the COO on the development, implementation and review of annual project plans, policies and procedures
- Work closely with the senior management team to overcome business challenges or develop new capability through the effective use of technology and partnerships - using the latest technology to drive new capability or efficiencies in the business and thereby improving organisational performance
- Analyse and understand the IT needs and opportunities across the business, investigating options and designing solutions; preparing and presenting proposals; and delivering solutions which meet objectives
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities.
- Procure, manage and monitor the performance of contracts and partnerships for the delivery of operational and strategic IT services
- To ensure effective management of staff and resources
- Manage and monitor ongoing cyber security risks including Disaster recovery plans etc. Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including GDPR and Health & Safety regulations (as applicable to IT usage)
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
- Have a comprehensive awareness of existing and developing technologies and how they can be applied to the business
- Ability to recognise business opportunities and present a clear strategic vision of how technology can be applied to achieve success
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to explain complex IT information clearly to ‘lay’ managers and other stakeholders
- Highly proactive and motivated
- Proven track record of leading staff within an IT environment
- Successful track record of leading change in an IT environment and implementation on time and budget
- Experience of developing, implementing and managing IT strategy, and developing plans aligned to key business objectives
- Experience of contract and partner monitoring and management
- Develop effective partnerships across the business and with other stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to write and present reports to Exco
- Good negotiating skills
- Proven track record of managing and motivating staff
We offer excellent opportunities for career development. With great working hours that encourage a work life balance, you’ll be part of a fun and friendly team. Plus, you’ll receive a wide range of discounts on holidays, flights and more for yourself, family and friends!