A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
An opportunity has arisen within the CHMC department for a Headcount Analyst based in Folkestone.
You will be responsible for creation and maintenance of headcount models. The job holder will become an expert in process, headcount impacts and productivity measuring. Through your expertise, you will highlight where improvements can be made, impacts as a result of changes to process, as well as how we develop our business in the future. In addition, working closely with a number of business units, you will develop and track our forecasting, and use this to support the planning of our business activities.
You’ll bring excellent communicator, both verbally and written
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading…..
- Creation & maintenance of headcount models
- Liaising with the Operations Team to monitor, document and track process timings
- Forecasting claims frequency to support recruitment levels going forward
- Track budget vs actual shrinkages and productivity to ensure the operations are aligned with agreed levels
- Highlight opportunities to improve processes
- Escalate process risks within the operations that impact expected headcount requirements so the business may modify staffing volumes or best practice
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with headcount models and forecasting is ideal
- Good knowledge and experience of contact centre workforce management
- Excellent data management, analysis and interpretation skills
- Advanced Excel skills, and proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- SQL knowledge and experience preferred but not essential
- Strong knowledge of business structure and processes
- Proactive and friendly
- Inquisitive mind and willing to embrace new challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Must be able to work to targets
- Highly adaptable
- Strong problem solver
- Willingness to develop self
- Confidence to challenge and escalate appropriately
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.