With a hybrid approach requiring some days in an office, onboard or working from home. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance of Southern UK ports to undertake this role.
Our people are everything to us at Saga. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now we are searching for a Health & Hygiene Manager to join Saga Cruises, shoreside team. As Health & Hygiene Manager you will play a supporting role in delivering the highest standard of ship health & hygiene practices on board our vessels. You will be the leading authority in health & hygiene, ensuring the Saga Fleet maintain exceptional health & hygiene levels.
You will be part of a hands-on, energetic team with two brand new cruise ships. You will bring with you creative ideas to improve processes and be able to introduce new ways of working in order to optimise our ways of working in Hotel to maintain not only health & hygiene levels, with a particular focus on Covid-19, but also Hotel procedures in general for the various deparments.
And in return, as our colleague, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you, we'd be keen to hear from you.
- Establish clear procedures for all areas of the ship operation; including Outbreak Prevention Plans;
- Ensuring Integrated Pest management budgets are fit for purpose
- Provide effective training material for the Hotel areas that includes Public Health controls
- Maintaining my knowledge to ensure that we remain compliant and ahead of legislation
- Building effective relationships with Port Health, and PHE
- Work closely with US CDC/ USPH, ShipSan, CLIA and other organisations or bodies on health and hygiene matters
- Work closely with the Medical Department (Vikand) and the Marine and Technical Departments on Medical standards and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven track record of working in the Health and Hygiene/ Environmental management
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Hands on Training background
- Audit experience
- Demonstrable IT proficiency (MXP preferred, Microsoft Office essential)
- A talented senior manager, preferably with a proven track record of working in the hotel and marine industry, either on or off shore
- Demonstrable experience in budget management
- Externally referenced and focussed on continuously seeking professional development – to ensure that Saga’s approach to Health and Hygiene both relevant and future proof
- Strong leadership skills – able to demonstrate and align to the company’s values (Precision pace, empathy, curiosity & collaboration)
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.