** Remote/home working allowed **
With visits to the Folkestone office required so the role would suit those that are Kent and East Sussex based as you will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance, ideally 1hr from Folkestone.
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
Dealing effectively with incoming calls about a range of insurance products and transactions is what this job is about. A real chance to make the most of your excellent customer service skills in a truly customer-focused role, you will spend each day finding and fulfilling a variety of needs, including bringing onboard new customers, keeping existing ones, and cross-selling at every opportunity. In short, you will deliver high-quality service and create exceptional experiences for our loyal customers by displaying professionalism and ownership of each call.
A natural people-person with excellent positive-language and problem-solving skills, you are comfortable working individually and within a team. Someone who can deal with all manner of enquiries empathetically, collaboratively, and with precision pace, you have a flexible approach and lots of initiative too. What is more, you pride yourself on your high degree of accuracy, even when under pressure. Oh, and you have the curiosity to see how you can be part of our mission to create exceptional experiences every day!
We have roles within our Insurance team starting at £19,316 per annum which have structured pay progression programmes in place to reward high performance. All our roles have a focus on the customer and all of them require a flexible approach to shift patterns.
If you can be the person that is target-driven, committed to professionalism, and committed to creating value in the customer’s world then we would like to hear from you.
Scroll down and you will find further information about the recruitment process and the steps you will need to take to be successful.
**Please Note** - This is a FTC for 6 to 12 months.
- Taking new claim notifications, predominantly by telephone, capturing all relevant information to establish the customers loss and needs.
- Validate, review, and handle new claims as per the department’s best practice.
- Answer query calls from our customers and provide exceptional customer service ensuring their queries are handled proactively, pushing the claim forward to conclusion at every opportunity.
- Ensuring all claims are handled in line with current Best Practice.
- Handling and owning a portfolio of claims, within financial limits agreed.
- My own productivity levels, working towards agreed targets and service levels.
- Contributing towards the team’s achievements of its targets.
- Actively working with my Team Leader to identify and pursue self-development, contributing to personal development reviews including objectives and career goals.
Our contact centre opening hours are 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm Saturday and 9am - 5pm on a Sunday. You will be required to work shift patterns that fall within these hours.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Proficient in 1insurer.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Developed Keyboard skills.
- Ability to promptly learn and apply new things.
- Good standard of secondary education.
We are looking for new colleagues who share our values and have the right skills in the following areas:
- Precision pace whilst working in a busy, fast-paced customer service environment with an emphasis on sales
- Empathy and taking ownership of the customer’s journey, going above and beyond for each customer, and overcoming and finding solutions to their queries and complaints should they arise
- Curiosity and ability to use their experience and knowledge for influencing and negotiating
- Collaboration to succeed in working to demanding targets, KPIs and deadlines whilst remaining self-motivated and driven
- Digital skills and able to articulate strengths in using typical technologies for work such as laptops and Microsoft Office.
You will need to be able to work from home as this role is a remote working position.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The fun facts – our colleagues play the most important part in creating exceptional experiences for our customers every day. It is their empathy, collaboration, and drive to succeed for our customers that make them the best at what they do. We offer them a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Starting salary of £19,316
- Rapid promotion potential with pay increases in basic salary and monthly commission
- Dress for your day dress code policy - basically casual dress!
- An enhanced holiday allowance – 28 days holiday including all bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday each year, rising to 32 days including bank holiday from 2022.
- Paid volunteer days
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
- Generous Workplace Pension
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and support including Unmind and AXA Be Supported
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products which extend to your family
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups, and entertainment companies
- Team centred comprehensive training with opportunities to gain new skills and experience
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products that meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high-quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine, and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.