Home Panel Manager
The Insurance business is the largest part of the Saga Group. It provides tailored products including the recently launched fixed price insurance product.
Saga is a trusted brand which achieves over 87% recognition from the UK’s over 50s. With our differentiated products and a unique route to market we are able to offer outstanding service and we mirror this with outstanding career possibilities.
....And right now, we are looking for an Home Panel Manager at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will build relationships and lead contract negotiations with partners and third-party suppliers as well as overseeing the management of our home insurance panel that drives our business success. It’s a wide-ranging role that will see you work closely with panel members, analyse product performance and take ownership of relationships with underwriters, other external suppliers and partners.
You will bring excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills, all of which are equally important, combined with the ability to ensure our customers’ expectations are exceeded.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Maintain competitive, market-leading products for Saga, through automation, third party management, market knowledge and intelligent contracting with suppliers
- Work with all home panel members to ensure effective on-going competition, introducing new panel members and other external suppliers / partners, as necessary to deliver Saga’s business needs
- Position Saga as a market-leader in the Home Insurance sector through facilitating intelligent contracting, underwriting and product development
- Underpin and maintain net price competitiveness consistent with the Saga brand through effective management of third party underwriters
- Enable the product team, through supplier engagement and management, to deliver a strategy of continuous improvement, alongside new product initiatives incorporating key TCF principles
- Work with suppliers to ensure products conform to and incorporate ABI, FSA & TCF regulations & principles
- Own, manage and negotiate relationships with underwriters, other external suppliers and partners as appropriate, including where possible their supply chains
- With third party underwriters, undertake root cause analysis of products to understand key drivers behind MOT/VOC results, customer complaints and seek to deliver innovative solutions
- Intervene within the claims process, where necessary, to protect the Saga brand and manage the settlement fund
- Intervene where necessary to ensure the fair and effective resolution of customer disputes
- Maintain effective relationships with management at third parties and within Saga at senior levels
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of general insurance products and practices with particular focus home insurance
- Thorough product and market knowledge, able to come across as credible/heavyweight representative of Saga in supplier negotiations and lead contract negotiations
- First class understanding of underwriting, product management and product development of Home related insurance products, including ancillaries
- Skilled project manager, managing product management and development cycle & process through third party underwriters
- Able to ‘own’ relationships with third party suppliers representing and delivering Saga’s business needs and requirements
- Negotiation and contracting
- Relationship Management
- Supplier Management
- General Insurance knowledge
- Managing multi-disciplinary staff across virtual teams
- Project and matrix management
- Excellent personal communication and presentation skills
- Strong virtual team management skills with the ability to work collaboratively across functions – team player
- Customer focussed, able to step in on individual customer queries
- High levels of drive, enthusiasm and energy – a self-starter
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable working at a detailed level
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. #L1-ED1