IT Operations Development Coordinator
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
A great opportunity has arisen for a IT Operations Development Coordinator to join the Saga Group business.
You will be working with the team to meet project related goals by assigned deadlines. You will keep up to date on all aspects of a project, assign duties, and assist others so even complicated tasks come to completion in an orderly and timely manner. You will be encouraged to use expertise to solve unexpected problems whilst ensuring communicates with upper management are maintained.
You’ll bring excellent communication skills, written and verbally.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career with Saga.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- The primary responsibilities of this role are to assist the production infrastructure team plan, execute, and finalise project tasks according to strict deadlines and within budget. This will include acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and potentially third party suppliers, contractors or consultants in order to deliver workloads according to plan.
- The successful candidate will also be encouraged to run small projects on their own whilst ensuring the required processes are adhered to.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with all areas within IT to help manage workloads and priorities and help with engagement with the wider business. They will be expected to communicate effectively and reliably with all aspects of the wider Saga business.
- Motivate others and build enthusiasm for a project by keeping focused on its main objectives for completion.
- Designs an overall schedule for a project and makes necessary adjustments if and when problems arise.
- Stay familiar with company policies and goals and work to make sure that all members of a project team adhere to set standards.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of at least one Project Management methodology is desirable
- Understanding of ITIL Processes
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level or demonstrable experience in similar role
- Flexible, personable, assertive
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Thorough eye for detail, logical, creative
- Pro-active with initiative but disciplined and professional
- Team player but able to work on own
- Positive attitude to change
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.