IT Project Manager
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
We are looking for a IT Project Manager to come and work for our Saga Cruises business based in Folkestone, Kent.
You will be responsible for overseeing the planning of I.T. systems from design phase through to successful implementation and collating the business’s IT requirements, tracking the implementation of suitable solutions. You'll also have responsibility for project planning, budget management, supplier integration, vendor liaison and negotiation, requirements gathering, collating documentation, site project management, testing and commissioning and coordinating additional specialist resources to fulfil project requirements.
You will bring a full understanding of project management techniques, a working knowledge of a broad range of cruise ship IT systems and excellent process, interpersonal and presentation skills. You'll have practical experience of delivering customer focused solutions including digital (www), retail and hospitality a distinct advantage.
You'll be able to bring expert project management method, processes and techniques and (as appropriate) assimilate Saga standards and practices to deliver a “Best for Saga Cruise” approach to the project delivery.
Please note, this role will require overseas travel.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Responsibility for the successful implementation of the planning of IT systems on Saga Cruises’ new build vessels
- IT project planning (Delivery of plans, budgets, risks, assumption, issue and publications)
- IT project management (Execution of plans)
- Detailed requirements gathering from the Saga Cruises business functions
- Gap analysis
- Supplier contract management
- Supplier liaison
- Compilation of equipment lists for purchasing and spares
- Management of the IT budget, reporting to the Technical Programme Director
- Coordinate Risk analysis and mitigation
- Progress and issues reporting to senior management
- Communication and consultation with business stakeholders
- Presentation and communication to colleagues and senior management
- Resourcing training requirements for ship and shore staff as appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree standard in a relevant technical discipline
- Further certification or accreditation from industry bodies
- Proven track record in project delivery (preferably Marine/cruise industry)
Professional skills [SFIA aligned]
- Information Security [SCTY] – evel 3
- Consultancy [CNSL] – level 5
- Specialist Advice [TECH] – level 4
- Knowledge Management [KNOW] – level 4
- Business Risk Management [BURM] – level 5
- Methods and Tools [METL] – level 3
- Project Management [PRMG] – level 5
- Change Management [CHMG] – level 4
- Requirements definition and Management [REQM] – level 4
- Benefits Management [BENM] – level 5
- Availability Management [AVMT] – level 4
- Performance management [PEMT] – level 4
- Supplier management [SUPP] – level 3
- Relationship management [RLMT] – level 4
- Self-motivated, able to manage own workload effectively
- Maintains a professional approach when working on day-to-day activities
- Good written & verbal skills
- Able to work methodically under pressure
- Good analytical skills, able to use data to determine cause of incidents, and able to act on this data to resolve incidents
- Good customer service skills. Able to maintain a good rapport with customers, ensuring timely updates around incident diagnosis or project activities
- Flexible approach, able to react to changing situations. Often volunteers to take part in work out of normal office hours and working overseas for periods of time
- Good understanding of the Saga business, its products and customers
- Good time management and organisation skills. Regularly manages the completion of tasks on time with some intervention from the manager
- Positive attitude that supports confidence, respect and support from other team members
- Able to work with other IT teams effectively
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.