** Remote/home working allowed **
With a hybrid approach requiring some days in our Folkestone and/or London office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance from Folkestone/London to undertake this role.
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
…And right now we are in search of an experienced storyteller in the form of a Research and Insights Lead to join our Marketing & Proposition team. We need a confident communicator, who can articulate with ease across the breadth of the business, and external agencies. Managing multiple, priorities with competing deadlines will be second nature to you and, thinking strategically about the future business is your modus operandi.
You will translate business challenges into research requirements, managing the research projects to support the delivery of products and communications; be instrumental in our brand review, and associated campaigns; work confidently with large data sets and work collaboratively with your Customer Experience counterpart to ensure insights are joined up to engage and propel action in the business.
- Manage a portfolio of Insight programmes and tools to support the business objectives
- Manage ad hoc research projects for Marketing, Props and Strategy teams to support the delivery of products and communications that drive customer delight and improved commercial performance
- Run a bi-annual brand review workshop to support the marketing teams and agency partners in planning and strategy
- Responsibility for customer segmentation and keeping this alive in the business
- Deliver ‘customer closeness’ through events to bring to life the business ambition to ‘know our customers better than anyone’
- Work collaboratively with the CX Insight lead to ensure insights are joined up and communicated in a way that engages and drives action in the business
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive Research and Insight experience, preferably gained in a mix of agency and client-side roles
- Experience in research and insight
- Producing Insight not data, story-telling skills, ability to synthesise data from multiple sources
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to ensure insight cut-through
- Ability to get under the skin of the business challenge, to interrogate a brief and ensure that it is answered through insight and proactively seeking out where insight can be used to answer the big business challenges
- Influencing skills - viewed as a trusted advisor and voice of the customer in the business, willingness to challenge perceived wisdoms,
- Strong networking skills: Management of stakeholder relationships to build positive alliances
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.