Internal Communications and Engagement Officer Content ( 6 month Fixed Term Contract)
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Internal Communications & Engagement Officer, Content to join us here at Saga in Folkestone on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
You will be supporting the development of the Communications and Engagement Strategy through the delivery of effective written communication to ensure consistency and structure in Operations.
You will bring strong communications verbally and written.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- To translate key business objectives and priorities into internal communications which are understood by all groups of employees within our operational areas
- To seek and develop content which is timely, relevant and engaging for the various communication channels in place, which also adheres to Saga’s internal house style and tone of voice
- To check and proof content from various stakeholders before publishing to ensure key messages land in the best possible way
- To support contact centre projects and initiatives, challenging where applicable on the targeting approaches
- To play a vital role in the reward and recognition schemes within the operational areas by ensuring they are in line with The Saga Way and Saga Group Reward Principles
- To drive positive employee engagement through delivering and supporting the development of 2-way communication channels that enable the operational areas to take proactive actions on employee issues
- To assist with the planning and running of events both within the operational areas and Group wide, such as theme days, CSR events and celebrations of success
- To provide support to the Internal Communications and Engagement Executive and step-up in their absence
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent copy writer with a strong understanding of tone of voice
- Creative with the ability to develop written communications which are engaging and original
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability to create strong professional relationships in both operational areas and Group functions in order to be able to work with key stakeholders to write content on their behalf which bring key objectives and messages to life
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to manage and deliver cross-functional workloads effectively
- Ability to challenge and improve existing processes
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative, able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Education and qualifications:
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent)
- Strong copywriting background
- Previous Internal Communication/Engagement experience is desirable
- Creative, with a flair for understanding employee issues and seeking out solutions
- Flexible and able to adapt to various operating environments
- High integrity
- Collaborative team player with a dedication to driving change
- Innovative & solutions orientated
- Courage to challenge
- Customer focussed and driven to deliver
- Pragmatic and resourceful, with a focus on providing solutions
- Strong personal drive and alignment with The Saga Way
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.