Investor Relations Executive
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for an Investor Relations Executive to join us. The Investor Relations team is the primary link between Saga plc and the financial community (institutional and retail shareholders, debt holders, sell-side, and buy-side analysts) and is focused on ensuring the Company’s overall strategy is well understood by external stakeholders.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to the creation and analysis of public disclosures on the Company performance and key initiatives. This involves creating materials to convey the Saga story with press releases, presentations, interacting with key stakeholders on a one-to-one basis, and representing the Company at various investor conferences throughout the year. You will also support the team in keeping the Executive Management team and the Board abreast of developments impacting the capital markets and the trading of Saga plc securities.
This is a new role in a new team and therefore there is a real opportunity to shape this role and impact the business in a high-profile role, working with stakeholders at all levels.
You will understand what an investor relations function does and have background in investor relations, public relations, or accountancy. You will also have an ability to work with people at all levels and both internally and externally. Lastly, you will be able to write effective IR communications and be highly organised - this will be key to being successful in this role.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Support creation of presentations, press releases and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, and investors
- Oversee the production of the Annual Report in conjunction with other relevant business areas
- Manage all aspects of Retail shareholder concerns/queries, responding directly and supporting our share registrar
- Preparation of comprehensive competitor analysis, including financial metrics and insightful commentary
- Liaise with equity and industry analysts, reviewing draft research, responding to questions, and summarising them for senior management
The Ideal Candidate
- A background in investor relations, public relations, or accountancy
- Highly numerate, with strong financial and business acumen
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to deliver information in a concise way
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills. Able to quickly establish credibility by winning respect and co-operation
- Analytically strong with a willingness to question and challenge
- Ability to multi-task and must be exceptionally well organised; attention to detail; high level of accuracy; ability to meet established deadlines; ability to work under pressure; ability to work proactively
- Proven track record business partnering with senior stakeholders
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Find out more about Saga Investor Relations here:
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 65 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.