Lead Network Engineer
** Remote/home working allowed with regular access to our offices when needed**
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a Lead Network Engineer to join our Technology team in an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships and leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be delivering of and be accountable for the protection and support of our network business services and initiatives by leading its people to deliver Saga’s Technology Strategy and help protect against cyber risk and ensure continuity of business services, whilst managing business demands.
You will bring proven ability to architect and design enterprise grade network solutions.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if you have excellent leading and supporting skills, then we would like to hear from you.
As a Lead Network Engineer your top 5 responsibilities will be:
- Prioritisation of team resource to meet business demands and managing key stakeholders.
- The design, implementation and maintenance of network and business services, including LAN/WAN infrastructure, security gateways, remote access and cloud technologies.
- Supporting business change and providing 2nd/3rd line support on a 24/7 basis as required.
- Continuously identifying opportunities to improve technical controls and address vulnerabilities.
- Manage the network team, setting objectives in line with the strategic plan.
The Ideal Candidate
- People, stakeholder and resource management.
- Management / troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure, security gateways, remote access and cloud technologies.
- Network & network security best practices.
- Broad knowledge of Cyber Security threats and countermeasures.
- Technical Skills, specifically relating to enterprise LAN/WAN and Cloud technologies.
- Communications & Stakeholder Management skills.
- Experience of Secure LAN/WAN, cloud and security technologies with a focus on Azure, Extreme Networks, Cisco and Checkpoint Technologies.
- Network & network security best practices.
- Foundational understanding of cyber-attack techniques.
- Understanding of business technology to inform mitigation strategies.
- Industry Certifications.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
Generous Workplace Pension
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.