MI Analyst (Fixed Term Contract)
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Travel Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the travel function of the business.
In this role, you will analyse and report on core MI for the Travel business, ensuring accurate and timely reporting through liaison with Finance, Commercial and IT departments.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Please note, this is a fixed term contract position until October 2019.
- Responsibility for the creation, production and interpretation of MI reports to the business for Travel
- Accurate and timely core MI reporting to the Travel Exec
- Consolidation of delivery of key MI around the business into Finance
- Assist the Finance and Commercial & Production Departments in preparing and presenting results of analysis, incorporation into key business review presentations that highlight key drivers and market trends
- Work with the Commercial & Production Department to develop insight that aims to maximise sales and profitability
- Develop/source, maintain and improve systems/reports for data analysis based on Taurus, Business Objects and other data sources
- Assist with the implementation of the Travel data warehouse solution in phases to be agreed
- Create various ad-hoc reports affecting the Saga Travel business
- Supporting the MI Team Manager
- Looking at ways for process improvement
- Other adhoc analysis/projects as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of business analysis
- Ability to present complex data in an easily accessible way exploiting charts and other visual tools
- Ability to think laterally about how data analyses can yield insight
- Good IT and software skills including a sound understanding of Microsoft Office programmes (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and analytical tools (e.g. Business Objects)
- Business Objects report writing desirable
- SQL knowledge and Excel Power Query knowledge would be advantageous, to manipulate databases and manage large data sets and understanding of TM1 would be useful.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Economics or similar would be advantageous
- Curiosity and drive to understand the meaning locked within data
- Problem solver / Think outside the box
- Willing to learn and improve
- Accurate and good attention to detail
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.