A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our MI team for a high level Analyst. If you have good SQL and data visualisation skills then this could be the position for you!
The role is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving operational and financial MI. Investigate any discrepancies in the MI and KPIs being used, to provide highly accurate data and pro-actively suggest new information that would aid the Claims Department to be more efficient, productive and meet KPI’s.
Furthermore, the role will be responsible for introducing data visualisation tools and methods that support the enhancement of Operational performance; and translate identified performance and possibilities in a digestible format that delivers the business a clear direction to improve.
You will need to have excellent analytical skills and be a quick and flexible learner. You will embrace change and be able to quickly identify and understand areas of risk control.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced progressive career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving operational and financial MI
- Provide a point of expert reference on reporting, the data used and the layout of information to the business
- Creation and Maintanance of Headcount models
- Highly competent in statistical analysis and visualising insight on complex trend analysis to the business
- Pro-actively suggest new information that would aid the Claims Department to be more efficient, productive and meet KPI’s
- Responsible for supporting the Efficiency Analyst in data analysis to support operational management in creating efficiency and cost reduction within their operation
- Support the development of Systems & Reporting Administrators through auditing and mentoring
- Own compiling and manipulating large datasets, analyse results and provide actionable recommendations
- Support automation of MI generation
- Responsible for facilitating the quarterly performance scorecard process
- Ability to effectively visualise trend analysis, using visualisation tools, and present this in a digestible format to business owners
- Ability to maintain and create ETL packages if required
- Must have an interest in industry standards and available software, to support the enhance delivery and analysis of reporting
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools and languages is advatageous (e.g. Tableau, R, Python, Java etc)
- Experience in providing business insight and trend analysis to enhance cost control and improve customer journey
- Experience in working with Tableau advantageous
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities
- Experience with introducing technological solutions to business problems is ideal
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good IT Skills
- Responsible for challenging our internal database structures and barriers to deliver effective reporting
- Ability to quickly digest detailed and complex information
- Motivated and passionate about delivering a quality product
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative with an aptitude and ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening across all business levels
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree Calibre
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Flexible approach to work
- Dynamic and forward-looking
- Embraces change
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.