When you join Saga, we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the CHMC Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the claims handling function of the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for the MI and data suite within CHMC Finance including using this information for regular reporting and ad-hoc analytics. You will also play a key role in the Finance team being responsible for budgeting and planning.
You will bring to the role experience of working in a Finance department alongside a good technical understanding of systems including SQL. Communication skills are key to this role as you will manage many stakeholders.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
This role will include:
- Maintenance of, and improvement to, the SQL data warehouse used for month-end and ad-hoc reporting.
- Involvement in the team’s project to replace the current forecast model with a new system (TM1).
- Responsible for the production of budgets and 5 year plans working with various stakeholders from across the business.
- Production of quarterly headcount reports and forecasts for senior management, tracking costs versus budget.
- Production of regular reporting for use across the business.
- Responsible for the production of monthly debt analysis working with the operation to highlight concerns and identify solutions.
- Ad-hoc analytics to drive commercial benefit.
- Attendance at senior management and other commercial meetings.
- Responsibility for one member of the team, providing support, guidance and challenge.
Previous experience of working in a Finance department is essential. The jobholder should also have good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Good accounting knowledge with some SQL skills or Intermediate to advanced SQL skills with exposure to/an interest in finance..
- Good Excel skills.
- TM1 knowledge advantageous.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage complex information.
- Experience in the Insurance or Credit Hire industry is advantageous.
- Previous line manager responsibilities also desirable.
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA with some SQL skills or from an IT background with strong SQL skills with exposure to/an interest in finance.
Education and qualifications:
- Ideally educated to degree level or with good A levels and GCSEs.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and through the presentation of written data.
- Can work under pressure & handle large volumes of work to deadline.
- Ability to use own initiative or work as part of a team.
- Has a natural systems aptitude.
- Proactive in identifying solutions and making recommendations for change.
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.