Management Accountant (12 Month FTC)
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the AICL and CHMC businesses.
This 12-month secondment is an exciting opportunity offering an experienced management accountant exposure to financial planning and analytics, and commercial and operational support for the CHMC and AICL businesses.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Production of the monthly management accounts including the explanation of variances
- Production of monthly PowerPoint packs for senior management review
- Responsibility for the TM1 headcount modelling including production of various reports for the business
- Production of monthly and weekly trade debt analysis including explanations of variances and trends
- Responsibility for the project timesheet process including the calculation of capitalisation costs
- Responsibility for the forecasting and budgeting processes
- Adhoc support on commercial projects for both AICL and CHMC
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good Excel skills
- TM1 experience beneficial
- Strong management accounting knowledge
- Previous experience of working in the insurance industry or a credit hire organisation is advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
- ACCA / CIMA qualified or part qualified
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative or work as part of a team
- Organised and proactive approach
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eyetests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.