Saga Healthcare has a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our close-knit department. Reporting into the Head of Finance, this role is ideally suited to a newly qualified accountant or finalist with previous experience in financial planning and reporting. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity based on the outskirts of Redhill, Surrey.
Saga Healthcare is a portfolio of businesses providing private care at home. We offer live-in and visiting care services through our regulated agency, Saga Care at Home, as well as our two introductory home care agencies. We also provide an SOS personal alarm service for reassurance and peace of mind at home.
The Management Accountant role will cover a variety of aspects including monthly financial reporting, forecasting, planning and the interpretation and presentation of data.
The role will also be responsible for ensuring all reporting systems and processes are well maintained and documented to facilitate the successful delivery of the reporting cycles.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Take responsibility for internal financial reporting and analysis including:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for Saga Healthcare P&L and balance sheet
- Analytics and commentaries for actuals, forecast, budget and 5-year plan
- Variance analysis and commentary for presentation to senior management
- Provision of weekly trading management information
- Monthly forecasting and modelling for current financial year, full-year budget and long-term planning
- Year-end analytics and reporting for statutory reporting and external audit
- Provide appropriate challenge and support to the commercial teams in order to deliver forecasts and projections which are challenging yet achievable
- Continuous design and improvement of existing financial planning processes to satisfy business requirements and support commercial decision making
- Quickly flag any emerging issues or risks, proposing appropriate and proportional solutions. Track progress, as required
- Drive system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced MI
- Prepare and maintain a suite of process documents covering the preparation of the monthly management accounts and forecast models
- Support finance related IT development programmes, bug reporting and testing
- Identify potential process automation, preparing “change requests” which recommend changes, without increasing risks
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to digest detailed and complex information and then present it to others in a clear and succinct way
- Able to quickly spot control risks and potential commercial opportunities within complex systems and companies
- Excellent IT skills. Able to analyse large databases, quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge and competence in management accounts reporting
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload without continuous oversight
- Good technical accounting skills
- Able to demonstrate significant competence in the use of financial systems packages and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills, such as task and diary management, work and project planning, file and record keeping (physical and electronic)
- Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives under pressure
- A professional approach and a high regard for confidentiality
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level or equivalent desirable
- Studying towards ACCA or CIMA
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.