Management Accountant (6 month Fixed Term contract)
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Service function of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Finance in the Saga Services Finance Department, this role is ideally suited to qualified accountant with experience in projects and change implementation. This role will be responsible for supporting the finance development and integration of the SID project – providing subject expertise to ensure finance reporting, controlling and process systems are developed, integrated, maintained and documented to facilitate the successful delivery of finance process of the SID programme.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Please note, this is a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Take responsibility for Saga Services for the development of financial reporting, MI, control, analysis and payment services
- Supporting project accounting, benefit tracking, monthly and year-end analytics and reporting for statutory reporting and external audit
- Provide appropriate challenge and support to the finance teams on business requirements, process design and efficiency improvements
- Drive system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced MI
- Continuous design and improvement of finance processes to satisfy business requirements and support decision making / business operations
- Continue to drive Finance report improvements in order to drive efficiency and enhanced presentation of data to support the business
- Provide cover and support for SID-Finance team in order to ensure deliverables are met within required deadlines
- Provide support to the Head of Finance – MI and SID on all matters as required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable competence of working at a Management Accountant level, particularly in a project / change / system environment
- Good technical accounting skills
- Would ideally have experience in a sizeable (1000+ employees) organisation, ideally a plc
- Would ideally have experience in change implementation
- Able to demonstrate significant competence in the use of financial systems packages (general ledger, financial modelling systems) and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills, such as task and diary management, work and project planning, file and record keeping (physical and electronic)
- Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives under pressure
- A professional approach and a high regard for confidentiality
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level or equivalent desirable
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.