Management Reporting and Planning Accountant - FP&A
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the insurance function of the business.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A in the Saga Services Finance Department, this role is ideally suited to a newly qualified accountant with previous experience in management reporting and planning. You'll be responsible for ensuring all reporting systems and processes are well maintained and documented to facilitate the successful delivery of the reporting cycles.
This role will form a central role within the wider FP&A team in providing detailed and robust financial reporting, planning and analysis in accordance with both internal and external reporting guidelines and requirements.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Please note, being a company that supports development, we will consider this role at a more junior level for the right candidate.
Internal Management Reporting and Forecasting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for Saga Services P&L
- Product analytics and commentaries for actuals, forecast, budget and 5-year plan
- Variance analysis and commentary for presentation to Directors, Senior Management, Group reporting and Board
- Quarterly forecasting and modelling for current financial year, full-year budget and long-term planning
- Manage the monthly consolidation of the wider Insurance business on for reporting to Group
- Accountable for the Year-end analytical review submission into Group Finance for external reporting
- Provide appropriate challenge and support to the commercial teams in order to deliver forecasts and projections which are challenging yet achievable
- Continuous design and improvement of existing financial planning processes to satisfy business requirements and support commercial decision making
- Drive system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced management reporting
- Create a robust and flexible cashflow forecasting model that delivers accurate and timely outputs
- Responsible for reporting and forecasting of cash position, including insightful commentary and analysis of performance
Project and External Focus
- Analyse competitors reporting to provide insight to Finance management and the wider business about approaches our competitors take on elements such as investment strategy, pricing, ancillary sales and support in benchmarking the business against its competitors
- Project work to support the finance integration of Guidewire (SID) and a rebuild of the planning system (TM1)
- Accountable for working with the newly created Business MI function to ensure accuracy of management reporting
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Highly focused on presentational skills and visual impact of outputs on stakeholders
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to consider the way investors, analysts and other external parties will view the Insurance results and adapt the narrative accordingly
- Excellent communicator – clear and concise so that senior leaders from both finance and non-finance areas can understand the issues quickly and make appropriate business decisions
- Excellent time management skills, pro-active style and able to prioritise work effectively
- Experience in insurance or financial services sector would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant, with demonstrated reporting and commercial experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.