***Remote/home working with occasional visits to either our Central London or Folkestone, Kent office. So, it’s important you live within a reasonable commuting distance***
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are looking for a Motor Pricing Manager at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships and leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products. You will be managing Saga’s Motor street pricing to support the delivery of the insurance strategy, customer outcomes and contribution to the achievement of the overall P&L for Saga Services (SSL).
We are looking for an experienced pricing expert who has a proven track record of management, developing innovative solutions to continuously improve Saga Services pricing capabilities and taking responsibility for trading performance.
You will bring an understanding of the drivers of best-in-class street pricing and commercial success in a Personal Lines insurance business and implement innovative and new approaches to generate value. You will be working closely with the Head of Motor Pricing to strongly influence and shape the strategy and pricing policies to ensure business objectives are met over a 5-year horizon. Additionally, you will work closely with the wider business to use your Pricing expertise to support key aspects of the Group’s strategy and company’s key shareholder objectives
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Managing the trading performance to ensure that revenue and policy volume. targets are met over the short-term and over a 5-year horizon.
- Take a leading role in the development of pricing models utilising Emblem, Radar, and other software tools.
- Proactively use data to identify areas of opportunity to drive commercial value and competitive advantage, delivering profitable growth for Saga’s insurance business.
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends.
- Supporting the Head of Motor Pricing by strongly influencing and shaping the team’s priorities, resourcing, strategy, pricing policies and direction.
- Provide subject matter expert support to various business areas.
- Represent the needs of the pricing department in business change programmes as required.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, pricing fairness rules and data usage policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed knowledge of General Insurance pricing processes and methodologies.
- Mastery of price modelling with GLMs.
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills.
- Possesses strong team coaching/management abilities and actively motivates others to win.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
- Strong organisational skills, e.g. time management, documentation etc.
- Knowledge of modelling software, such as Radar, Emblem, or similar systems.
- Experienced in some programming languages such as SQL, R and Python.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.