Multi Skilled Agent
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
Are you results orientated with a desire to succeed? Do you take pride in doing things well? Do you have a strong customer service ethos?
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our friendly Publishing Subscriptions sales team. This is a rare opportunity for someone to build a great future with this small and supportive team.
You’ll be selling subscriptions to Saga Magazine, the UK’s best-selling monthly subscription magazine, through both inbound and outbound.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, have a success-focused approach to work, and the ability to deliver a first class service to our customers.
We’re also looking for someone who takes pride in what they do, with high levels of accuracy and great attention to detail.
And in return, we’re offering a basic salary of £14,614 but with an opportunity to earn more in commission.
- To sell subscriptions to Saga Publishing titles, including up selling of packages and customer payment methods through both Inbound and Outbound calls.
- To provide an excellent level of customer service at all times ensuring that the customer is strongly valued.
- To minimise cancellations through persuasive selling techniques.
- To sort, batch and process Magazine subscriptions.
- To accurately process cheque banking reports of subscription payments.
- To maintain department standards through multi-tasking and flexibility including calling out or calling back customers when required.
- To provide first class customer service in relation to...
- Answer customer enquiries by telephone (Internal and external)
- Written Correspondence
- E-Mail Correspondence (Internal and external)
- Live Web Chat hosting
- To process bacs, direct debit and credit card reject payments.
- To respond efficiently and knowledgeably to customer issues, ensuring that all customer requirements are met.
- To prioritise workloads to ensure that the needs of the customer and the department are achieved
- To sell online shopping offers and premiums, highlighting special offers and completing payment transactions.
- To give accurate and timely information on the magazines online ordering system.
- Problem solving subscription abnormalities.
- To accurately maintain customer records on ACS, AFE and the GMD.
- Personal Support though Deceased Calls and Deceased Correspondence.
- To have a good understanding compliance with regard to FCA, PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), Data Protection Act and handling of sensitive customer data.
- Any other duties which are reasonably incidental.
- To handle difficult objections, criticisms and complaints without getting drawn in to emotion
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficient in use of Microsoft packages and willing to learn software packages necessary to the team.
- Well-developed keyboard skills.
- Flexibility to move from inbound to outbound and to any admin role as the work dictates
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education.
- Ability to work towards targets and tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A confident and persuasive manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Positive and Proactive.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with customers.
- Friendly and personable manner.
- Ability to resolve customer queries and concerns patiently and effectively.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Customer focussed
- To be open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Ability to demonstrate Saga Brand Values
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.