** Remote/home working allowed **
Our IT systems are key to our ability to personalise and target communications to our customers, improve the experience of members of Possibilities, our customers and employees, and achieve operational efficiencies.
…And right now, we are looking for a .Net Developer to join us. With a brand new, purpose-built cruise ship launched in July 2019 and another due for delivery in August 2020, and market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group a very exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
You will be contributing to a business area processes in order to deliver world class technology operations for our systems and services. You will do this through excellent operational focus on system stability, security, performance and reliability
You will bring excellent knowledge of .Net and Agile with great communications skills.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this is you then we want to hear from you!
- Building and modifying software applications in line with Business needs and requirements
- Integrating software components and third-party applications
- Ensuring any deliveries are of high quality and any development side testing is complete
- Working collaboratively with other Technology professionals to deliver technology programmes, projects and workstreams
- Ensuring deliveries are secure, in line with best practice and aligned to policy
- Creating and maintaining technical documents
- Remaining up to date with development best practice
- Assisting with troubleshooting systems and work collaboratively to resolve and prevent any defects, risk or issues
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of coding languages and frameworks relevant to area
- Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies
Education and Qualifications:
- Good education background ideally to a degree level
- Application developer or similar experience
- Communication skills
- An eye for detail and identifying problems
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. #L1-ED1 #L1-Remote