When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a .Net Developer to join the Saga Group team based in Folkestone.
You will be working with stakeholders from across the business and related third parties to manage the customer and transactional data. The team manage the database and related software to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data, maintaining the Saga Group single customer view. In addition, we maintain several applications e.g. customer maintenance, campaign management, etc.
You will bring good analytical and technical skills to the role.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like you keep reading……
- Timely reporting of progress/problems/development to GMD Management
- Produce Functional Specifications using jargon free language, which can be understood by users
- Ownership of development Consultants are expected to be self-managing but be able to contribute fully to projects and BAU.
- Development of new applications in C# using a .net platform
- Detailed analysis of user requirements for new systems and the continued maintenance/enhancement of current systems
- Provision of accurate estimates for fixes/enhancements/new systems requested by the business
- Programming in relevant languages as appropriate
- Thorough Self testing
- Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are in place
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven and demonstrable development skills in the following development and database technologies XML, Oracle or SQL Server, PL/SQL, .Net and C#.
- Ability to work in accordance with GMD Best Practice’s in terms of brand values, coding standards, security, accessibility and usability
- Demonstrable application and database design skills would be an advantage
- Knowledge of ETL processes (specifically DataStage) an advantage
- Working in Agile environment an advantage
- Knowledge of swagger/postman an advantage
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education (including GCSE Maths and English or equivalent)
- IT qualification covering many if not all aspects of XML, Oracle or SQL Server, PL/SQL, Web Services, VB.Net and C#
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Ability to communicate with Users, Team Members and Management.
- Ability to self-manage personal work load to ensure task are completed to time / budget
- Has the aptitude to lead small-scale projects
- Ability to work within a formal change management process
- Ability to recognise and work in line with Saga business objectives and methods
- Highly motivated, flexible and organised, with an ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills – ability to effectively prioritise workloads and to meet business expectations
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.